Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

11/26 - 11/28/2009 Thanksgiving Trip: Easy 2WD + Camping

OK, Tiffer's been after me for what I'm gonna make. I will do the stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce. Let me know if anyone thinks of anything else. I'll be going to the store this weekend to pick up stuff before it's all sold out.

Hi Aimee, I told January to bring some kind of bread or rolls and the cranberry sauce. I figured it was better than having her cook. . .

d

great. pumpkin pie and candied yams it is. Diane, if you're bringing a camping oven & if there is space available then i can get the marshmallows to melt; sweet.

aimee mentioned that she originally wanted to camp, not spend "all day in the jeep" nor setup and tear down multiple times... so let me suggest that we go far enough down willow springs road on day 1, that on day 2 we can return to the same camp after exploring and not have multiple camp sites to deal with.

George thinks in that case we should just run the trail all the way to Peppersauce on Thursday, have Thanksgiving there because there are more amenities (i.e.: picnic tables, etc.) and then explore around on Friday.

Thoughts? d :rolleyes:

George thinks in that case we should just run the trail all the way to Peppersauce on Thursday, have Thanksgiving there because there are more amenities (i.e.: picnic tables, etc.) and then explore around on Friday.

Thoughts? d :rolleyes:

we can certainly do that. after all, the willow springs trail is only 1.5 hours according to the book, so we should be able to run it and make it over to peppersauce in plenty of time to start cookin!

i think we were planning to hit the road at 9am from somewhere in gold canyon area right?

we can certainly do that. after all, the willow springs trail is only 1.5 hours according to the book, so we should be able to run it and make it over to peppersauce in plenty of time to start cookin!

i think we were planning to hit the road at 9am from somewhere in gold canyon area right?

Yep, that's exactly what George said. Let's decide exactly where to meet when we see you later this week, but 9:00 AM should be perfect.

d :rolleyes:

We are in. I will make some noodles - homemade of course! I haven't read the thread much, so I am not sure if you have made plans since the campsite was moved, so if this is a duplication of ideas forgive me. Most of the trails in the area are shut off so you can't actualy finish them. Across from the peppersauce campground there is a road that leads to a cave. Mike and I will be checking that out on Friday if anyone wants to join us. Janenne

We are in. I will make some noodles - homemade of course! I haven't read the thread much, so I am not sure if you have made plans since the campsite was moved, so if this is a duplication of ideas forgive me. Most of the trails in the area are shut off so you can't actualy finish them. Across from the peppersauce campground there is a road that leads to a cave. Mike and I will be checking that out on Friday if anyone wants to join us. Janenne

glad to have you guys!!!

the summary of the trip is that we are going to meet up thursday around 9am, run a modified willow springs road, come out near oracle, then go over to peppersauce campground and camp and cook turkey and such and then on friday maybe run the control road to the top and back down and check out peppersauce cave.

remember everyone that the cave can be muddy and you have to crawl through tight holes to get in, so bring some extra closes just for caving - and a couple light sources!

bought us 3 big jugs of Jose Cuervo Premium Gold Pre-Mixed Margarita's :) hope everyone likes a little Mexican flavor to their thanksgiving!

:tongue::beer::dazed: