Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

American Xplorer with Jeep Earthroamer

Our friends at JPFreek Adventure Magazine helped fund a television program called 'American Xplorer' which featured the XV-JP Jeep vehicle from Earthroamer. They shared this clip from the show on their FB page today so I thought I'd pass it on. My favorite part is all the Guatemalan kids who know the word 'Jeep' and they say it in unison.

I dont mean to complain or anything. But when he went over and hooked up that winch cable to that log it looked like it moved pretty easily........then as he was pulling it, he had his hand on the cable and he was pulling the cable with his hand!!! Seems to me that someone probably could have just walked over there and picked that ole rotten log up and tossed it off the trail.

Looks like a good show though......that is if it doesn't get Too "corny".

I dont mean to complain or anything. But when he went over and hooked up that winch cable to that log it looked like it moved pretty easily........then as he was pulling it, he had his hand on the cable and he was pulling the cable with his hand!!! Seems to me that someone probably could have just walked over there and picked that ole rotten log up and tossed it off the trail.

Looks like a good show though......that is if it doesn't get Too "corny".

Yeah, I kind of wondered why he moved the log in the first place too. Obviously it always looks different on film than if you're actually there, but it looked like you could just go over it at an angle. If I had gone to to all the trouble to move it, it would have been off to the side, not where I had to straddle it length-wise. I agree there was some careless winching technique too, and then I noticed several times the winch cable just dangling, like he hadn't sucked it up tight enough after using it.

would just drove over that rotten log. or he could have pickcked it up to throw it to the side. what a joke

alright vid though.

You have to keep in mind, that they make these shows geared towards someone who may not have any idea about offroading, so they gotta dumb it down so some idiot doesn't think he can do what he does .

You have to keep in mind, that they make these shows geared towards someone who may not have any idea about offroading, so they gotta dumb it down so some idiot doesn't think he can do what he does .

And sell some parts. Ill bet Warn paid for that little winching demonstration.

And sell some parts. Ill bet Warn paid for that little winching demonstration.

;)

Well I guess they needed an opportunity and that is what presented as one. made the best of what they had?

still sad really. but you gotta do what ya gotta do. again, I still liked the video. at least the whole thing was not as silly as that winching clip.

:rolleyes: