Sign in to follow this  
Offroad Passport

4/5 - 4/7/2013: Rug Road, AZ (Near Mammoth, AZ) 4x4 Moderate, Dry Camping

We were able to text out to one of the pinz guys that was running late. He was able to get the text and find us. Once he was close enough we picked him up on the radios and talked him into camp. Just a thought.

If you can text them you can send them a MyTracks file.

Ham up there should stretch all the way to Winklman.

Kris and I got 35miles across a comparable valley.

If the group isn't too big already, I'd like to join in for the trip.

you're on the list!

some people always drop out, but if the group is too big, we can split up into 2 groups and run the trail each day an hour apart or something...

After the past couple of weeks Ive had at work, I am so looking forward to this trip. If the timing works out, I might stop at the Mexican food resturant in Superior for lunch before heading out to Mammoth.

Chad.

Not a bad idea....do you know what the name of that place is? Thanks!

If the timing works out, I might stop at the Mexican food resturant in Superior for lunch before heading out to Mammoth.

Chad.

Hey Gear,

Yeah, I think its Los Hermanos. Its on the East side of the road about half way through town across from the train caboose visitors center.

Chad.

cool....thanks!

Hey Gear,

Yeah, I think its Los Hermanos. Its on the East side of the road about half way through town across from the train caboose visitors center.

Chad.

Please remove me from the list. Thank you

I came up on US 70 today and wanted everyone to know that the gas station in Fort Thomas is closed. The next gas station that is open is in Bylas and I believe it's only unleaded. I didn't see diesel but not positive they don't have any. Bylas is about 12 miles NW of Fort Thomas.