Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

March 12 - 15, 2010 El Camino del Diablo

Okay Grunt, added you to the tentative group.

We're not going in through Ajo, so that's why folks are asking about how to get the stamp. We won't be required to have a video stamp for this trip, but we will each need the CPNWP permit card.

d :rolleyes:

Permit Required to cross the Cabeza Prieta:

http://www.peakbagging.com/CabezaPrieta/Hold%20Harmless%20Jul%2001.pdf

Click on this link to open the PDF file; print it, fill it out, sign it, and mail it along with a SASE to:

Cabeza Prieta NWP

1611 North Second Avenue

Ajo, Arizona 85321

(Please post affirmatively when you receive your permit in the mail)

Does Marcia need to send in a separate application or is she covered under my permit?

Does Marcia need to send in a separate application or is she covered under my permit?

Each person needs a separate permit. It's their 'Hold Harmless' thing so we each need one.

D, I would love to do this trip again. I do not know if my jeep will be ready in time. can you list me as an alternate/tentative right now? I would hate to fill as spot and not be able to go.

i'm with Grunt; would absolutley love to go on this trip. i've never been on the devil's highway and heard the lava tubes are a sight to behold. my son could be in town visiting that weekend though (awesome if he could join too) and i might have to take him to the airport the evening of the 15th. if possible can i be placed on the tentative list?

i'm with Grunt; would absolutley love to go on this trip. i've never been on the devil's highway and heard the lava tubes are a sight to behold. my son could be in town visiting that weekend though (awesome if he could join too) and i might have to take him to the airport the evening of the 15th. if possible can i be placed on the tentative list?

Hey Scott, which lava tubes are you thinking of? I'm not aware of any on the Devil's Hwy - there's a lava field that we pass through though.

sorry D; i have too much metal stuck in my ears after trimming fenders all weekend & got crossed up on trail descriptions.

2007-12-03-U2-cover.jpg

Does anyone tow trailers ( M101 style ) on this type of run ? Just wondering how everyone is outfitted . I'm going to try and get time off for this run, so if it's OK, I'm tenative.

Does anyone tow trailers ( M101 style ) on this type of run ? Just wondering how everyone is outfitted . I'm going to try and get time off for this run, so if it's OK, I'm tenative.

Hi Norm, we've been with people towing M101s on this trip, and it's the perfect type of trail for that; super easy, no tight turns or major obstacles. Of course, we'll only be out 3 nights, so not sure you'll need a trailer per se, but it would be a great opportunity to use one if you like.

Got you on the tentative list.

To everyone on as tentative: remember, this run is limited to 10 rigs, so if you become a for sure let me know sooner than later! I'd hate to give your spot away!

d

Thanks Diane. I probably wouldn't bring it for 3 days unless folks needed extra room for gear in which case it could be the pack mule. I'll try to solidify those dates from work and provide a positive GO/NO GO as soon as I know.