Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

March 12 - 15, 2010 El Camino del Diablo

I got the email. Sorry I didn't reply.

Is the pace going to be fairly relaxed? Or are we going to have to keep at it hard? What I'm getting at is "How much time will we have at camp?" Approximate times to setup camp at night and break camp in the morning?

Lyle, I think you and I are the only hams. I'll beacon APRS for the trip. I was thinking about bringing my HF rig and trying to work back into Phoenix and beyond. I'm not sure if I want to pack another box of radio gear and if we'll have time to do so. (Depends on answer to camp time above.)

I got the email. Sorry I didn't reply.

Is the pace going to be fairly relaxed? Or are we going to have to keep at it hard? What I'm getting at is "How much time will we have at camp?" Approximate times to setup camp at night and break camp in the morning?

Lyle, I think you and I are the only hams. I'll beacon APRS for the trip. I was thinking about bringing my HF rig and trying to work back into Phoenix and beyond. I'm not sure if I want to pack another box of radio gear and if we'll have time to do so. (Depends on answer to camp time above.)

We're planning a very relaxed pace each day; plenty of time to pack up each morning and set up each evening. Saturday we don't have very far to go to camp, so we planned lots of time to explore & check things out.

Yes, you 2 are the only hams.

Is how to get to camp Friday easy to understand? It's not very far and the trail is good. We'll be easy to spot in our big Dodge truck and the rest Jeeps. d

My son, KE7QOQ, will be coming too. I'll be bringing my FT-817ND 160m-6m + 2m/70cm 5W QRP rig, antenna tuner, and my "PAC-12" portable HF vertical Antenna. The antenna is rated for 125 Watts. I also plan to bring some time tables to work AO-51 with my HT.

Awesome. I'm probably going to leave my HF gear at home then.

So this past weekend I'm starting to gather my stuff together for next weekend's trip, and I can't find my permits. So I call Cabeza Prieta this morning and they tell me that it was expired anyway, as they expire every June, and you need a new one every year.

Did you guys know this? Does everyone else have a current permit?

Anyway, they said I can get a new one at the BLM office in Phoenix, which I'm going to do this afternoon.

Phoenix Land Management

21605 N 7th St

Phoenix, AZ 85027

623-580-5500

7:30 - 3:30 M-F

I checked and mine is current.....thanks for the reminder......:)

So this past weekend I'm starting to gather my stuff together for next weekend's trip, and I can't find my permits. So I call Cabeza Prieta this morning and they tell me that it was expired anyway, as they expire every June, and you need a new one every year.

Did you guys know this? Does everyone else have a current permit?

Anyway, they said I can get a new one at the BLM office in Phoenix, which I'm going to do this afternoon.

Phoenix Land Management

21605 N 7th St

Phoenix, AZ 85027

623-580-5500

7:30 - 3:30 M-F

they expire every June, and you need a new one every year.

Did you guys know this?

Yes, I knew that. Sorry I didn't explain that better! d :rolleyes:

I wonder if the reason that I couldn't find my permit was that I had thrown it away because it was expired.

Anyway, not your fault D, as most of my grade school teachers said, I need to pay more attention to details. :)

I am getting anxious:)

I am now in possesion of my new and improved permit. I got to watch the video too, which wasn't bad. They gave some history of the place and, of course, lots of safety warnings.