Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

TheKSmith's 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Limited 4.7 H.O. - The Do-It-All Rig

someone gave me a late birthday present - giftcard to REI, woot! so i blew it all on a "GoPro Jaws Flex Clamp Mount": http://amzn.to/1BQ5O4O

tested it out last night with the time-lapse setting (stitched together 1 shot per second photos). it's rock solid at 75mph hanging off the shovel on the roof!

Very cool!

Very cool! I am sure that will help make some pretty sick trail videos too.

tested it out last night with the time-lapse setting (stitched together 1 shot per second photos). it's rock solid at 75mph hanging off the shovel on the roof!

March Of The Pigs southbound on the 51? Nice.

March Of The Pigs southbound on the 51? Nice.

northbound 51 onto the 101 westbound and then off, but close!

blinkers have been occasionally not working and when they did work, the opposite side brake light flashed as well - neat trick eh?

this morning i replaced the flasher module and all is well. there's a common solder issue that you can fix yourself - instructions here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/wj-flasher-repair-picture-guide-1167239/

i actually just went ahead a bought a new unit from Amazon for $32, half the price of the local O'Rielly's: http://amzn.to/1MHdlop - i might fix the old one and keep it as a spare.

FYI - the flasher is in the panel with the fuses under the steering wheel, but way higher up than the easy to get to fuses - the simplest thing is to just remove the entire knee panel (2 screws + 2 bolts). then i was able to use a pair of pliers to reach up and pull the thing out without having to unbolt the whole fuse panel.

Hey Kris,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a group buy going for my Incline Bumper I used to make. I have had a bunch of interest lately, so I brought it back. Figured I'd let you know if you had any interest. You might have to slot the mounting holes a tad to clear your skid you added to the lower radiator tube, as the tube on the bumper is only about 1/8" away, and your skid looks a little thicker than that. If you are interested, email me at sales@frantzdesignworks.com and I can get you the info on the group buy.

Thanks, Greg.

thanks for the info - i'm still holding out to build my own recessed winch mount and then build some sort of minimal bumper based around that. good luck, i'm sure you won't have any problems filling a large order.