Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

TheKSmith's 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Limited 4.7 H.O. - The Do-It-All Rig

You're welcome, glad to be of service

cheers.jpg

put everything else back together this morning, drove around the neighborhood then hit the freeway testing out 2WD and AWD. found a dirt lot to briefly test 4WD hi & low range and no issues to report. could not replicate the loud bang noise anymore either.

i need to test it out more thoroughly in 4WD still, but things look good so far!

What is the vibration report?

G :cool:

put everything else back together this morning, drove around the neighborhood then hit the freeway testing out 2WD and AWD. found a dirt lot to briefly test 4WD hi & low range and no issues to report. could not replicate the loud bang noise anymore either.

i need to test it out more thoroughly in 4WD still, but things look good so far!

Cool beans. ;)

Glad it's back in trail order. Otherwise would need to take the Infinity on the next run!

What is the vibration report?

G :cool:

tcase work didn't affect that, neither did lifting or lowering the tcase. overall it's not bad since the new driveshaft though, i just wish i could get that last little bit of it killed!

took her for a spin near Bartlett lake yesterday evening to test out the t-case in 4WD more. didn't find any problems.

IMG_6394.JPG

so this appears to be the year of fixing, versus any major fun projects. so far i've addressed:

• fixed big t-case leak and the shifter being sloppy.

• majorly improved the vibration issue thanks to a new front driveshaft. experimented with other ideas to try and kill remaining vibes but so far unsuccessful.

• t-case overhaul due to nasty noises, stretched chain, etc.

next on the list when some money/time surfaces:

• new lower control arm bushings, old ones have been trashed for a while now.

• rock rails. need to have new hoops made due to one being majorly bent on the Rubicon trip last year. will put more brace bars in this time and also do them in the same size tube as the hoops.

• headlights. the header panel is broken in a couple places so the lights jiggle and won't stay aimed. the lights are yellowed/hazy beyond belief. one low beam bulb is a cheap autozone replacement. etc. this project might have some upgrades involved.

• valve cover leaks. i have no friggin idea how to fix this, but i'm not giving up yet.

things i'd like to do this year but don't foresee it happening:

• custom rear bumper and tire carrier.

• once tire is outside, make a new storage & table type setup in the back so the fridge can go there. would like to setup a small on-board water tank then as well.

i do have one "fun" entertainment-related project that i started on earlier in the year, more info once i have some extra funds to wrap it up.

IMG_6366.JPG

Your GC is so inspiring and badass . Deffinitly in my top 5 .

Definitely a very photogenic GC, to say the least. I've shared this picture from our Rubicon trip a ba-jillion times but it's always fresh. :cool:

DSCN5982.JPG

thanks!