Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

TheKSmith's 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Limited 4.7 H.O. - The Do-It-All Rig

Can't you just do a tie rod flip? I did one on my wj front axle. You drill out the tie rod holes weld in some tapered spacers from the top side, and install the tie rod on the top. Gives lots more clearance. But not sure if you can on the jk axle.

I need to reinforce my radiator support like yours. I was worried about it and thought about yours several times while on the trails.

It's taken me a few days (I'm no speed reader) to get through your build, but it was worth the effort! Hopefully buying myself a GC of similar vintage this weekend, so will have to trawl through your posts all over again :D. Great results, love how much of the mod work you do yourself, keep it up!

It's taken me a few days (I'm no speed reader) to get through your build, but it was worth the effort! Hopefully buying myself a GC of similar vintage this weekend, so will have to trawl through your posts all over again :D. Great results, love how much of the mod work you do yourself, keep it up!

thanks! did you end up finding one? was the diesel option available in the UK?

for anyone following my carputer stuff, i've rewritten the Steering Wheel Interface Android app to be more flexible, reliable and use a bluetooth OBD2 dongle instead of USB. the new project is called Car Bus Interface and available here (still open source, MIT license): https://github.com/theksmith/CarBusInterface

the quote the README:

The primary use case is for those with an Android based tablet acting as a carputer who wish to have their steering wheel mounted factory stereo buttons control the Android device (adjust volume, change media tracks, etc). However, you could have the Android device respond to any message that is broadcast on the vehicle's bus - from a window rolling down to having reached engine operating temperature.

Screenshot_2014-08-11-07-09-35.png

Screenshot_2014-08-11-07-09-36.png

Screenshot_2014-08-11-07-09-37.png

Ahh huh, hu hu huh. He said dongle. Huh hu huh, huh hu huh

beavis-and-butt-head.jpg

lol

Yeah I did thanks! '01 4.0L Limited 63k on the clock.

LPG conversion has to be imminent though, I can feel it burning both my bank account and oil-fields every time I turn the key!

Yeah I did thanks! '01 4.0L Limited 63k on the clock.

LPG conversion has to be imminent though, I can feel it burning both my bank account and oil-fields every time I turn the key!

congrats!

what's the miles per dollar on propane versus petrol there?