Sign in to follow this  
GRUNT

Transmission Crossmember

A what?
Translation:

Of course ZJ's are know for eating motor mounts.............. etc, etc... etc...:P

Believe it or not, my YJ project is moving forward. Tomorrow I would like to order a transmission crossmember kit. I have found a kit that does what I want but have questions. Through research I found this is a way to create a mount that is independent of the belly skid. Thus I can remove the belly skid and perform maintenance without having to support the drive train. My question is...this kit uses poly bushings to tie it in but can I/do I still use the standard rubber mount at the drive train? I am afraid if I delete the rubber mount, that the poly will vibrate my jeep apart(as was my experience before with a poly trans mount.) I think the poly at the ends of the crossmember is rigid enough that even with the rubber mount at the drive line, it would not be too much give/flex. If someone does not recommend still using the rubber mount at the drive line, could I replace the polys with traditional rubber bushings?

Below are some pics.

UCM.jpg

UCM-installed.jpg

I know its a long shot, but anyone know the maker of this crossmember?

Let me look tonight. I have it in my notes folder, out in the shop.