Sign in to follow this  
mkitchen

Let's Play in the Snow! December 22

It's looking like we have perfect conditions in the mountains for a day in the snow. I have been waiting for a chance to get back up to Williams and December 22 should work fine. In the past I have done a run from Williams to Sycamore Canyon Viewpoint. It is a very scenic drive and last time we did it, we were the first on the roads and had untracked, virgin snow for the entire way.

We will meet at the Williams parking lot at the corner of Grand Canyon and Railroad. The parking lot is across from the Pine Country Inn. Meet up will be 8:00 am and we must leave no later than 8:30. Or join us earlier for breakfast at the Pine. The least expensive gas can be had at the Circle K store in the middle of town. This will be an all day trip so bring warm clothes, and food for the day (on snow trips, it never hurts to bring extra). Wiper blades working?

We plan to come up on Friday night but we have not picked out a motel yet. Otherwise you will be looking at a long day of driving.

Mikey

Sorry, I hate to cancel a run but with the added snow of this current storm, it is going to be too deep to have a good time in. Anything over 12 inches becomes more work than fun so I chose discretion as the better part of valor and have once again put this run on the back burner.

Mikey

maybe after the new year rolls in...