Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

What will Jeep reveal at the North American International Auto Show?

and the Patriot lives on?

No new 2014 Jeep Wrangler announced, nor major updates to the platform. I'm guessing that means the current chassis will probably never get a diesel and we'll see a whole new chassis in 2015.

The 2014 Jeep Compass and Patriot have only minor updates:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113011452571/2014-jeep-compass-and-patriot-receive-minor-updates

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2014-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Limited-front-04-623x389.jpg

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-gets-diesel-power-and-eight-speed-transmission-312095.html

+ Available 3.0-liter turbodiesel V-6 produced by VM Motori (co-owned by Fiat and GM). The engine will produce 240 hp, 420 lb-ft or torque, while achieving 30 mpg highway (good for a 720-mile range)

+ Eight-speed automatic, 44.1:1 low-range crawl ratio

The only thing I don't like about it (for a daily driver and mild-dirt-road rig), is that the wheel-wells appear smaller than the previous 2 generations. I don't think they actually are (it's on 20's), rather just an illusion because of the new body lines. but from the side it has more of a mini-van look because of this. It looks agressive from front, rear, and slight angle shots.

Marcia's been begging me to buy her a new Grand Cherokee. I can't afford it at $40k +. Vehicle prices have gone crazy!

Marcia's been begging me to buy her a new Grand Cherokee. I can't afford it at $40k +. Vehicle prices have gone crazy!

yes, it's unfortunate that the upper editions of the Grand compete with some Land Rover models and the entry level Porche Cayenne. i'm sure many people end up buying those instead just because of those brands' status-symbol association.