Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

expo portal member calls club out for mudding

:(:( Looks like some mistakes were made.

Unfortunately things like this DO get used by the opposition.

Will not let me view the article. Says I am not authorized.

Will not let me view the article. Says I am not authorized.

guess you have to be a member over there

post the article so we can see it please.

It's not an article, it's a thread at ExPo. Sign up, it's free. And they're just like this site, but on a wider scale; i.e. worldwide.

post the article so we can see it please.

It's not an article, it's a thread at ExPo. Sign up, it's free. And they're just like this site, but on a wider scale; i.e. worldwide.

ehall: yeah, sorry it's a whole thread going - i would not have posted if i had realized it required sign-up to view. most of expo is public, but it looks like the regional sub-forums require free membership to view.

teddyearp: hey, we have international members too! ;)

to sum it up, there was a club here in AZ that did a run in the recent rainy weather and encountered some really bad mud and possibly weren't treading lightly. another person who wasn't there called them out with a "open public to the ___ club". people in the thread are weighing in on everything from whether the actions were bad or not to whether the person's public calling-out of the club was bad or not.

i was curious to see what sort of opinions i would get over here on both the club's actions and the thread starter's actions.

I can't read the article either BUT I will offer this re mudding on FS roads. Those roads are not designed for all weather service yet I see tons of hunters using them in inclement weather leaving massive ruts that last for months (or until the road gets graded again). I am not singling hunters out (although I could) but sweet Jeezus! Do you HAVE to go chasing deer (that they seldom get) even when the roads are soaked? The Prescott even has signs on some roads warning NOT to use them when wet under penalty of fines; I suppose that would be considered an "infringement" of someone's "freedom" by another certain subset of the population.

It only takes one to ruin it for everyone!

I've gotten about halfway through the thread so far. While I feel for the trail leader for being called out in a public forum, I think the OP has a good point. But I also know from my own experiences that sometimes things look much different to people who weren't even there, so I tend to avoid being an armchair quarterback calling the game from my living room. Mainly I'm sure the 4x4 club and trail leader involved learned a lesson albeit the hard way.