Sign in to follow this  
lofreqjeff

Anyone wheelin this weekend?

My project at work was postponed until Feb 16-19 so I'm free to go wheelin this weekend - probably Saturday since Sunday is Super Bowl

anyone interested? I don't have anywhere in mind, I just want to get out and have some fun!

We are scouting for good camping spots this Saturday. Haven't determined exactly where we're headed yet.

We are scouting for good camping spots this Saturday. Haven't determined exactly where we're headed yet.

I kinda do that everytime I go wheelin - unless its somewhere its i've been already

Keep my posted - Shell and Mel are coming with

Do you have any good recommendations that you wouldn't mind sharing? We're looking for a spot next to a river, lake etc. that is low in elevation. A fun trail in and out would be a plus..

I was just talking to a friend at work yesterday and he said he enjoyed camping on the river at Sheep's Bridge.

Do you have any good recommendations that you wouldn't mind sharing? We're looking for a spot next to a river, lake etc. that is low in elevation. A fun trail in and out would be a plus..

I've always thought it would be fun to camp at Bartlett after running Log Corral.

To get River and neat trail but easy to get to, you might consider Red Creek in Tonto Forest. Take 7 Springs road to Bloody Basin Road, (FR269); turn right and go to FR18; Follow it north to Red Creek; Run east in Red Creek to Verde River; N 34 09 46

W 111 43 14 Elevation is 2200' Big Shady Sycamore trees with flat area to camp in right by the Verde River

These are all excellent suggestions - I have camped at each except Red Creek but its on my To-Do list for this year.

I also like to camp at Flowing Springs or Knoll Lake in Payson - there is some camping spot near Happy Jack by a river but I'd have to pull out some maps to be able to give directions.

I am part of a volunteer group called TRAL and I just found out that they are hosting a training session Saturday morning from 9 to 12 out by Lost Dutchman State Park. When thats done, I might just take Bulldog canyon up to Bush Highway then either do some trails at Butcher Jones or lower Sycamore.

I was just talking to a friend at work yesterday and he said he enjoyed camping on the river at Sheep's Bridge.

i've heard great things about Sheep’s bridge too, never been there. Hmmm

I've always thought it would be fun to camp at Bartlett after running Log Corral.

I was thinking the same thing! my only concern is getting lost at the beginning of the trail as route finding is confusing for me.. so far i'm the only jeep running this camping trip.

To get River and neat trail but easy to get to, you might consider Red Creek in Tonto Forest. Take 7 Springs road to Bloody Basin Road, (FR269); turn right and go to FR18; Follow it north to Red Creek; Run east in Red Creek to Verde River; N 34 09 46

W 111 43 14 Elevation is 2200' Big Shady Sycamore trees with flat area to camp in right by the Verde River

did Red Creek last year http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1878

Another great choice i would do again even though it's fairly remote and i found you lose cell phone reception quickly out that way.

These are all excellent suggestions - I have camped at each except Red Creek but its on my To-Do list for this year.

I also like to camp at Flowing Springs or Knoll Lake in Payson - there is some camping spot near Happy Jack by a river but I'd have to pull out some maps to be able to give directions.

I am part of a volunteer group called TRAL and I just found out that they are hosting a training session Saturday morning from 9 to 12 out by Lost Dutchman State Park. When thats done, I might just take Bulldog canyon up to Bush Highway then either do some trails at Butcher Jones or lower Sycamore.

Strong possibility we'll be near the bush highway area this Saturday too. If you do decide to head that way send me pm if you want to meet. It would be cool to have another vehicle along while scouting for spots.