Sign in to follow this  
lofreqjeff

Anyone wheelin this weekend?

This sounds good to me. I'll probably just bring sandwiches or something that doesn't require cooking.

Marcus

I'll probably just bring sandwiches or something that doesn't require cooking.

Marcus

That is what I generally do too: a dozen waters, some snacks, sandwiches, etc. There are no grills beyond the paved Butcher Jones recreation area so if we want to cook anything out there, will need to bring out own grills.

Also, something to note - there are signs all over the Butcher Jones rec area that say you must have a Tonto Pass.... you only need a pass to be in the Butcher Jones Recreation Area - going beyond the gate does not require a pass. Hanging out in the parking lot for a bit will not require us to have a pass unless the parking lot is croweded; if that is the case, we can meet just beyond the gate in the dirt area.

My cell phone usually works pretty good in the parking lot area, so if anyone is running late or needs to get in touch with me, my number is 480 209-5815 - don't hesitate to call if you have any questions to concerns.

I've been needing an excuse to get one of this and this trip is a good excuse :) Thanks for the cell info, I saved it just in case.

My son and nephews are tagging along this time, them teens can eat.