Sign in to follow this  
matt@expaz

Lake Pleasant to Hassayampa Canyon / Wickenburg

I've heard you can take a series of 4WD trails from Lake Pleasant all the way to Wickenburg via Hassayampa Canyon and that there's lots to see along the way (mines, foundations, equipment, etc.). Does anyone have any information on how to do this?

Thanks!

we ran from the Bradshaw's Grave trail in the Wickenburg Mountains to eventually come out on Castle Hot Springs road once, and the exit was via a wash/river/canyon - might be what you are talking about. the trail was easy going as i remember. sorry not much more help than a "yeah, i'm pretty sure you can" ;)

"Wickenburg Mountains Trail" thksmith, George, Diane, and myself ran it about 3 years ago:

http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482

The 2nd edition Fun Treks book rates it "difficult" but i agree with K; it was easy, stock 4 wheel drive accessible.

http://www.funtreks.com/docs/FREE%20PREVIEW%20Guide%20to%20AZ%20Backroads-4WD%20Trails%202nd%20Edition.pdf

Thanks for the info. While I was looking at Google Earth, I found some other really interesting places in that area: "Anderson Mine Ruins" or "Rube Goldburg Mine", San Domingo Wash, Trilby Wash, Underwood Homestead, Pechan Camp and something like Red Mill Ruins. Anyone ever been to these places? Are the stil accessible? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Anderson mine AKA Rube Goldberg mine easily accessible in the San Domingo Wash. Can be an easy trip or an interesting 4 wheel dr. run via Trilby wash.

I & others have posted Re. this site w/pics. Try a search.

Larry K.

Larry,

I did a search on Rube Goldburg, Anderson, San Domingo and Trilby and didn't find much. Any other hints pointing me to the info would be helpful.

took the girls camping along the hassayampa just last week

camp_zpsae7fca6c.jpg

the river was bone dry near wickenburg except a trickle at box canyon

box_zps9abea46f.jpg

Thanks, Scott. I was wondering how much water was in the canyon. Maybe with yesterday's rain there will be a lot more soon.

As I am doing more research in this area, I found the Goldbar and Monte Cristo Mines, they look very cool. Anyone know if they are still accessible?