Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

ScottLs 2001 XJ

E-mailed Jason at absolute off road about rebuilding my tcase on October 29th. He called a couple days later & initially, stated it would not be a problem. We agreed that I would drop my jeep off at his shop on 11/15 and plan on picking it up 11/16.

Since 11/10 I’ve e-mailed twice and called twice without success, one of the e-mails I sent last Monday:

"Good afternoon Jason, checking in to make sure we are still on for this Friday.."

he replied two hours later:

"I'll give you a shout first thing tomorrow morning!"

It's been cricket chirps since, I tried calling several more times without success.

Perhaps my reputation precedes me:confused:

that's too bad. i had the same experience when i asked him to do something late last year. he was going to get back to me with a price once he found out parts cost and never did. i left him one voicemail about it, then a month later i hit him up on facebook and he still never got back to me.

i had heard he was getting an office person to deal with calls/emails/etc so he could just wrench, but maybe that didn't happen. sorry to point you astray... you going to take it to 4wheelparts now?

E-mailed Jason at absolute off road about rebuilding my tcase on October 29th. He called a couple days later & initially, stated it would not be a problem. We agreed that I would drop my jeep off at his shop on 11/15 and plan on picking it up 11/16.

Since 11/10 I’ve e-mailed twice and called twice without success, one of the e-mails I sent last Monday:

"Good afternoon Jason, checking in to make sure we are still on for this Friday.."

he replied two hours later:

"I'll give you a shout first thing tomorrow morning!"

It's been cricket chirps since, I tried calling several more times without success.

Perhaps my reputation precedes me:confused:

That's just bad business right there. I know he's been busy putting lift kits and doo-dads on new Jeeps; maybe he avoids the more technical jobs. But you at least deserved some kind of answer.

that's too bad. i had the same experience when i asked him to do something late last year. he was going to get back to me with a price once he found out parts cost and never did. i left him one voicemail about it, then a month later i hit him up on facebook and he still never got back to me.

i had heard he was getting an office person to deal with calls/emails/etc so he could just wrench, but maybe that didn't happen. sorry to point you astray... you going to take it to 4wheelparts now?

Looks like I'm headed back to 4 wheeler supply, the place who initially installed my Tera low 4 years ago.

check engine light on with the new issue? let me know if you want me to come over and help with anything - you've got my number

R&r'd the fuel pump a few weeks ago due to vapor lock & the jeep died again last weekend with the same symptoms. This week I tried replacing the cam & crank sensors.

Cam sensor had a lot of build up:

image_zpsf2df5fd0.jpg

Crank sensor's magnet was weak compared to the new one

image_zps7e132bb0.jpg

Jeep starts & runs like normal again.

I have a stupid question, what part of the engine is the cam censor located? Does a 92 Cherokee have on? George:cool::thinking:

I have a stupid question, what part of the engine is the cam censor located? Does a 92 Cherokee have on? George:cool::thinking:

i don't think you have one because you have a distributor still...

DSC06502.jpg

i don't think you have one because you have a distributor still...

Right you are K, I believe '99 was the last model year with a distributor http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/distributorless-ignition-system-50581/

George, one less thing for you to worry about.

Looks like I'm headed back to 4 wheeler supply, the place who initially installed my Tera low 4 years ago.

Jeep made the trek without incident to 4 wheeler supply @ 0' dark thirty this morning for a transfer case reseal.

While there w/ its' belly skid off, i decided this would be a great time to install the HD Offroad frame rail stiffener set i've had laying around. Lastly, ARB's new 100% duty cycle on board compressor which i'm going to have installed w/ Rubicon Express' steel braided air lines:

product_8607_500.jpg

107972-lg.jpg

Front stiffener on the operating table for needed modification:

image_zpscd8b3560.jpg

Glad i didn't try tackling this alone. They've already run into fitment issues, specifically where the Rubicon Express belly skid mounts to my "frame" rail. There is not enough room to sandwich the front stiffener between said skid mount & "frame" rail:

image_zps836f5d7a.jpg

Plan is to weld the mid frame & front frame stiffeners to the belly skid mount & see what happens.

Cool! I know you have plenty of room in the XJ, but I'm curious as to where you'll mount the compressor?