Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

ScottLs 2001 XJ

Very nice :)

Well done, and a strange coincidence...I just finished doing this exact same hockey puck mod. It is entirely possible that we were doing the same obscure mod at the same time!

5099F810-2B1C-4C67-B9B3-938637A101DD_zpsck0qlvx9.jpg

Wow, it's coming along nicely. Thanks George! Even though they are a local company down the street from my house, i'm still glad we chose pucks from Slovakia over bump stop extensions from Daystar.

Noticed my steering was acting up. When making turns it was difficult to crank the wheel at certain random points. Checking under my hood the low pressure steering line was right up against the air compressors' heat sync, actually the heat sync fin had penetrated through the hose. You can see the power steering goo on the fin, maybe due to vibration from airing up?

image_zps84d40366.jpg

image_zps736318cf.jpg

The reason being was the threads on psc's steering pumps come out at such an angle that my low pressure line had to be routed where it ran in close proximity to a recently mounted larger air compressor. Went back to AZ Tubes & Hoses this morning @ 8am http://www.aztubesandhoses.com . By 8:15 Hal had remade the hose. Only this time I asked him to put an angle bend on the pump side fitting:

image_zps1a371074.jpg

Buttoned everything back up & cleaned the spilled power steering fluid. Leak is gone & my hose is now no where near the air compressors' heat sync:

image_zpsb5a4729d.jpg

yay for hoes, i mean hose!

yay for hoes, i mean hose!

You mean yay for HoHos! :)

Very nice, simple fixes are always the best. We have a guy up there in Prudhoe that works for the NAPA our company owns and all he does is make hoses 12-18 hours a day, its amazing how fast he can crank them out and he has almost turned it into an art.

Scott & Mason on the 'con:

IMG_3981.JPG