Sign in to follow this  
tucsonWJ

Treadwright Tires?

Any one know anything about Treadwright Tires? Ive been doing some reasearch on tires and for the price and tread paterns avalible they seem very appealing, at about the 1/3 the price of the brand name tires. They are re-treads, but from what I have read they have come a long way. They say that they wont warranty them if you air them down but, they also say that people do and have no ill effects. They come on quality tire carcases like the BFG or the older style MTR's (not kevlar, but that would be nice). They even have their pattented traction additives that are suposed to help in all different conditions. Just wondering if anyone has any input on these tires

I'm considering them for my next tire purchase, but I don't have any personal experience to share. The price is attractive and I see many great reviews about them online.

you might ask over on JeepForum.com - i see them discussed a lot there...

do keep us posted if you get them!

My purchase will be in a few weeks so I will definatly keep everyone up to date. The only bad reviews I have found are a few reviews from people that are using them on their tow rigs and it look to just be an over inflation issue, but that will happen to any tire.

OK maybe not a few weeks, maybe a few hours. Ordered a set 285/75/16 Gaurd Dogs with the Kedge grip option. The appear to be close to the older style MTR's in tread patern if not he same. They say that they will probably last 20% less time but for half the price I figure its still better than the $1800 or so for the others. Will let everyone know how the process goes.

Those are the same ones I was thinking of getting. I got a set of 16" JK steelies for free from a local guy. I'm on 17" JK Moabs right now and the 17" tires are pricey. I was going to be the guinea pig and be the first to buy a set in this group but you beat me to it. I'd like to check them out once you get them mounted.

I just bought a set of 285-75-16 goodyear duratrax's for $1000. this set should last me well over 60,000 miles.

johnpa

I looked at the goodyears but wanted somthing a bit more aggresive.

Just a quick update on the tires, got an email that they have shipped and should arive on the 20th. So total time from order to delivery about 10 days. Not to bad.

I have a set of 315/70/17 Guard Dogs on my '01 Ram 1500. They are a very good tire. I have about 10K on them and I would say they are about 1/3 of the way through their tread life. Mine are on BFG A/T casings with the Tri-Guard sidewall. I am having an issue with the sidewall starting to dry rot, but my truck spends most of it's time just sitting in the sun. I only drive it maybe once every two weeks or so. The good news is that Treadwright just came out with their "Bead to Bead" tires. So now, not only do you get a new tread, but you also get new rubber on the sidewall to combat dry rotting of an old casing.

The tread is very similar to the old Goodyears. So much so, that I've had people ask me how I got Goodyear tread on a BFG tire. They've also asked me if these were the new BFG's. As far as traction is concerned, these are, hands down, the best off road traction that I've ever experienced. I've used BFG A/T's up to this point on my truck and these tires have far better traction than the original BFG's. I am VERY happy with these tires and was glad to find out that my size is one of the sizes with the "Bead to Bead" treatment. That sealed the deal for me, my next set will be Treadwrights once again. You simply can't find a better tire....especially for the price!

Just my $.02