Sign in to follow this  
tucsonWJ

Treadwright Tires?

Oh, and I forgot to mention. The original BFG's on my truck were REALLY bad about chunking. It seemed every time I spun a tire, chunks of tread would go flying. I don't know if it's just BFG's that are bad about that, but I guess any tire will suffer some abuse under a 6,000 pound truck. These Treadwrights are much better than the BFG's about chunking. They do show some signs of being abused, but not nearly to the extent that the BFG's did. Treadwright uses a different compound that is very resistant to chunking, but still gives excellent traction. Couple the better tread compound with the fact that your spinning your tires less because you have better traction, and the chunking is reduced by like 80% I would say. (compared to BFG tread. Other manufacturers use different compounds I'm sure and will have different chunking characteristics) So again, I HIGHLY recommend these tires.

Nice suprise to come home to. One day early!

Tires.thumb.jpg.900d6491e5e248d140921b3a5828078a.jpg

Wow, they look nice. Waiting for ongoing reports. George:cool::D

If your experience is anything like mine, they will serve you well.

Got the front all trimmed up, washer bottle removed (to be relocated at a later date) next big job trimming the rear and then on they go.

I have the 285 75 16 guard dogs. I love them so far. Can't speak to durability, but the hook up nice in all conditions. I would also recommend them

So how are the going after a few years?