Sign in to follow this  
Pre10

friends of reddington pass seek to limit off road trails

Tucson Chiva Falls, Three feathers, Chimney rock trails in jeopardy.

FRP seeks to accomplish the following goals:

• Improve safety and travel through the neighborhoods along Redington Road
  • Assure conservation and restoration of sensitive riparian areas along the Tanque Verde and adjacent creek beds and steep slopes
  • Improve and maintain non-motorized and quiet recreation (hiking, biking, horseback riding) on trails and restricted roads
  • Reduce conflicts among recreational users in the Pass
  • Reduce the number of and further limit motorized travel routes to only those that can be properly maintained and enforced at the forecasted CNF funding levels

Tomorrow, Sunday 4/7/13 @ 8:00 A.M. the "Friends of Reddington Pass" are forming a group to close down "under regulated" off roading in the area. This group has gained a huge amount of support and is very close to having the area "shut down". They have already shut down the shooting areas... a large group of 4x4 enthusiast are meeting at the Circle K on Tanque Verde (one mile east of Houghton) at 7:30 A.M. to make sure the Game and Fish Dept gets to hear our side. Share this with anyone who uses the area for recreation! Show up and support! Don't let them take this away from us!

I had heard the FORP was for leaving the existing trails open?? Sorry I couldn't make this. Just saw this post this afternoon. Let me know how this went.

Well, I really didn't get the feeling that forp where very forth coming with the info they brought with them . when asked about arrows on their maps pointing out Chiva falls, what the arrows represent the answer was " Umm I'm not sure Bob know's.... wheres Bob?" Bobs response was "I'm not sure." remember these are the maps these people brought to show what their plans are.

Check out this site It sums up the event.http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16081

I really think we need to stay on top of this, to avoid having some of these trails closed.

Thank you for your concern.

Greg