Sign in to follow this  
Scramblin_Jim

Don't be this guy

Amazing how fast things can go from fun to downright dangerous out on the trail. I'm glad you explained how you ended up in that situation Jim; that's something that can happen to anyone. Its always easy to sit here playing armchair quarterback when we see pictures on the internet, but its nothing like actually being there. Sorry for judgmental comments earlier, that was thoughtless of me. We all learn from our mistakes and you obviously learned a lot that day!

The pictures don't do it justice as to how steep that hill is. As a learning experience, it was mentioned about the 3 holding you from rolling being in a very unsafe position, but picture 2, get those kids out of there!

that little hill was not nice this past friday. Went with a 4x pinz and he spun an axle on that hill. Drove it down the hill and got it back to phoenix but what a pain. Too much gas, he made it up just had to nurse it home.

Being from N Az I have never made the trek to Crown King that way but have heard it has it spots. Thanks for sharing your experience hopefully it will help someone else out someday.

Hey Jim! The very first time that I went up that trail, I avoided this area and drove around the obstacle, as did the jeeps in front of me....The obstacle was actually blocked - with a Hummer on its side! and no one in sight. That's one gnarly little obstacle there. Glad you were ok.

smiles, ladybug

Thanks for the well wishes. I debated about posting this as it is very hard to admit to making driving mistakes and have pictures to prove it! Then again I really wanted to point out how easy it is to get into trouble in just a few minutes of poor judgement. I didn't mind the negative comments as I kinda set ya up by not telling you up front that I was the one in the Scrambler.

• Like 1

I ended up rolling back down the same area where Kris said he had issues. Not very fun, ended up rocketing it up the hill and cleaning out my undies. Nice Scrambler!

Flex is your friend. George:cool:

Flex is your friend. George:cool:

Absolutely! There is NO traction with your tires in the air. Glad everyone came through unscathed......and the scrambler too!