Sign in to follow this  
6x6pinz

Log Corral and camp at Bartlett lake

Trip went really well. Mesa 4 Wheelers was out there this weekend doing trail maintenance and putting up some new signage. We ran the trail from the north end of FR393 to Barlett lake for the night and then out through Log Coral trail. The trail is a little weathered but still fun. the trees could really use a little pruning for taller vehicles though:eek: Great run and nice to see M4W doing their part to keep up with the trail signs, has to be a difficult project on that trail.

I'd really like to try that one. I wonder if there's a way to post a GPS track of trips here. Oh, and some pics would be cool too if you have any.

here is a link to a google earth file. this is the route we took. the first cove we went down to the lake was occupied so we had to try another. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7rken650cqjh9d/Track%20011.kmz Not too many pics but what we do have can be found here along with a couple vids https://www.facebook.com/groups/388375935390/?hc_location=stream

Very cool stuff. Is there a way around the "Rock Garden"? If not, what do you think the chances are of getting a full size Ram Quad Cab through there. I'm willing to give it a shot if the people I'm with are patient enough to let me try.

Cool pics and videos. And thanks for the KMZ file. I didn't know you could go in there from Sunflower.

You guys went down to the lake at 2 places different from where we generally go. I'm thinking there's some splorin' to do! :rolleyes:

the farthest south one we went to was the best. a cove that has a slight bend in it and keeps the waves from the main lake down. It also kept people from coming back into the cove and bothering us with the noise of jet skis and the like. It is actually very open area with lots of trees in the wash, not suitable in bad weather though.

Very cool stuff. Is there a way around the "Rock Garden"? If not, what do you think the chances are of getting a full size Ram Quad Cab through there. I'm willing to give it a shot if the people I'm with are patient enough to let me try.

Cool pics and videos. And thanks for the KMZ file. I didn't know you could go in there from Sunflower.

No way around the rock garden. You are in a very narrow canyon and must go through it. I did not look at it from the perspective of taking a full size truck through it. I would think if it were lifted and had some protection it might be possible. I would expect some body damage and definitely going to hit bottom. Currently it is the hardest I have seen it. In the past, when I was called to go out and rescue some folks, the garden was just a series of shelves.

You can get in to the lake via the FR393 from the north though. That way has its own challenges. They are no where near as difficult as the log corral side. The FR393 road is very scenic. I would like to get back up there and just do some exploring on that end of the trail. We did not stop at too many places and look around.

I'm thinking there's some splorin' to do! :rolleyes:

You can get in to the lake via the FR393 from the north though. I would like to get back up there and just do some exploring on that end of the trail.

i'm in:D

we took our boat to bartlett last week.. interesting how full it is this year compared to last.

here is a link to a google earth file. this is the route we took. the first cove we went down to the lake was occupied so we had to try another. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7rken650cqjh9d/Track%20011.kmz Not too many pics but what we do have can be found here along with a couple vids https://www.facebook.com/groups/388375935390/?hc_location=stream

your track file isn't shared anymore - would you mine sharing it again or uploading it here? (the forum has been updated so you can attach .kml & .kmz files now)

thanks!

I will see if anyone in our group kept a copy of the file. I don't usually hang on to them very long.