Sign in to follow this  
UnderlyVerbose

UnderlyVerbose's overly verbose build thread - 2001 WJ Limited

Glad you like it! Sorry I missed you the other day but it was very nice to see Nona. Weird coincidence: your neighbors work with my daughter & they're friends. :D

That's weird... We don't talk much though. They called the cops on me when I was installing my lift, haha.

It's been forever since I've posted any updates on my rig here, and it feels like forever since I've seen everyone! Fortunately we got to meet up with The Bradywagons for breakfast a few weeks ago, and it was great to hear about how the club is doing!

At any rate, the last great thing I've had the chance to work on was the drawerset in the back of my Jeep.

Check out the build thread here. And here's a couple teaser pics:

20140226-160437.jpg

img_0228.jpg

That's a nice set-up Jeff!

Nice Job!

You mentioned on the linked site that you were not happy with the latches or the way they are mounted. What would you buy/do over if you were to do a 2nd set of drawers?

Nice Job!

You mentioned on the linked site that you were not happy with the latches or the way they are mounted. What would you buy/do over if you were to do a 2nd set of drawers?

I'm not totally sure. I'm still thinking on how I'm gonna fix these. What I will probably end up doing is moving the latches to the bottom of the drawer so that the latch slides into the spare tire cover or a catch attached to it somehow. The thinking is that I want the latch to slide down to lock, so, whatever I have to do to make that work.

To clarify a bit, I actually rather like the latches themselves, they've got a chunky, tough feel. It's just how I've got them mounted that's poorly designed.

Those drawers look great Jeff!

Chad

looks clean buddy

nice job on the 4 linkage! in the article you said that parking brake lines are your limiter on droop - do you have magic shocks that i need to know about?

Thanks!

No Magic shocks though, that's just how my simple brain functions. I wasn't counting the shocks in that equation. I plan to make/relocate the brackets at some point, so they were out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks for pointing it out though. I should reword that bit to make more sense...