Sign in to follow this  
AZstateParks-OHV

AZ State Parks - May Trail Talk 5/25-5/27

Looking for something to do over Memorial Day? Is camping with a .gov employee on your bucket list? Interested in all the hoopla about Redington Pass? If so, here's an excerpt from my latest newsletter.....

Trail Talk #5 - May 25, 2013 at 8:00am

meet at Circle K located at 11271 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson 85749

This month's trail talk will focus on the Redington Pass area near Tucson. We will be heading to beginning of the Chivo Falls Trail. Due to the nature of the route, the State Parks Trail Talk will officially end at the trail head so those choosing not to drive the route can still participate. Those choosing to attempt the trail will do so at their own risk. The trail is not intended for unskilled trail drivers or low clearance vehicles.

Plan on spending the entire day on the trail. Dress appropriately for the weather. Bring ample water and food.

Jeff will be camping out for the weekend to inspect numerous trails in the area. If you would like to join us for additional routes on Sunday or Monday, please RSVP to jprince@azstateparks.gov to make arrangements.

Recommended minimum equipment:

Trail capable 4x4 truck or SUV (examples: Wrangler, FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, or similar non-full sized 4x4). Vehicle mounted recovery points, full size spare tire, tires appropriate for difficult dirt trail travel.

http://goo.gl/maps/cjNLK

Thanks,

Jeff Prince

OHV Program Coordinator

Arizona State Parks

(602) 542-6940

jprince@azstateparks.gov

AZStateParks.com/ohv

https://www.firedrummarketing.com/public_member_add.jsp?s=4g2jrffkdc

Going to check my schedule, would love to do this with you. The Reddington pass area is an area I have helped with clean up on before and done some of the trails in the area. I think it would be fantastic to get a little background of the area.

Going to check my schedule, would love to do this with you. The Reddington pass area is an area I have helped with clean up on before and done some of the trails in the area. I think it would be fantastic to get a little background of the area.

Cool, I hope you can make it. One of the big reasons I'm going down there is to get a little background myself :) I've been attending meetings about the area and want to get some on the ground knowledge so I can be a better advocate for keeping access open. I've never run any of the trails there, so I'm looking forward to it.

I have not done many of them but have always wanted to. Chivo Falls is one of my favorites, always wanted to get there when the water was actually flowing at a rate more then just a trickle. Seems when I get down there for the clean ups, we spend the whole day cleaning up and have to get home the next morning. would be nice to have a designated run there to just enjoy the area.

Bradywgn71 and myself will be there on Saturday for the trail talk and will run the trails with you. Most likely camping with you saturday night providing it isn't too hot :)

-Sarah

Quick reminder that this event is still going on. Crazy week...I just got back from Overland Expo yesterday, heading to Eager Thurs/Fri, and will be down in Tucson Sat AM. Look forward to seeing you all then.

Just making plans with one of the other pinz owners. Might head down after work on Friday, any excuse to get another night in the truck works for me. Wife says I have to be home Sunday night so Monday is out for me but I am in for Saturday and Sunday.

Should be a good time. Weather is supposed to cool down for the weekend. Hopefully no more wind. After the Expo I have had enough wind for a little while.

See ya there.

See you Saturday morning!