Sign in to follow this  
Offroad Passport

"Guess what TheKSmith is up to" contest!

Here's my guess for today: making the rear hatch open out instead of up (hinges on the side instead of the top)

Removable Jeep Tent?

if i didn't know what i was doing already, i would have guessed "misters for sitting around the jeep on hot days"

My guess is that this entire project is just another excuse for your extreme OCD. Sure you might be inserting a fancy lighting strip or another electronic gadget or some doohickey thingamabob into that long slot cut in the lift gate panel, but we all know that the real reason you removed that trim piece was to wipe out the dust that had collected behind it. It didn't matter that the dust couldn't be seen. You knew it was there, and it was driving you khhaaaaaaaarazy. :eek:

I think someone is on to you...or maybe just saw the swiffer you took to the expo...

Well , I was going to say an LED light strip to flood/light the area once the tailgate is open. It looks as though a few have guessed that since my last visit.

Could it be something similar to a central-vac set up? It would draw air(filled with dust/particulates) through a filter, to ensure your rig stays squeaky clean.

well i won't be around tomorrow, so i'll go ahead and announce that no-one has guessed correctly and post the next clue:

CIMG3096.JPG

i can also tell you that there was at least one guess so far that is very much along the right line of thinking...

;)

I'm guessing that you're rigging up the latch so that it can be opened from the inside. Thats a thought that has crossed my mind many times. Instead I've decided to build a storage system in the back which would make it pointless to fashion a new latch mechanism. :rolleyes:

Adding a Jerry can carrier to the lift gate?

This is driving me nuts. I can't figure out what the heck you're doing! But rest assured I am very interested to find out.