Sign in to follow this  
AZBillyBoy

New Hankooks & New Wheels

Finally after 15 years the old factory rims are gone. A much needed face lift. Trims nicely with the rest of the black on a white truck. Plus it looks like a prerunner because the manual hubs are hiding behind the wheel center caps.

My second set of Hankooks. The first were excellent; only don't buy them at Purcells - They didn't even have a torque wrench to set the lugs so I had to loan them mine. Plus on the one flat I had they used a patch - NOT a plug style patch.... Didn't work so they gave me a new tire (After telling me to drive around on a leaking tire for a few days to see if it would stop leaking), Don't even try to figure out that last part!

Photos taken 06/08 (very hot day) out on FR 481 in the Tonto NF

Nice! I think those are the same wheels I just got for my JK!

I have seen a lot of those wheels around now that I am familiar with them. The offset pushes the tire out further. There are not a lot of options for the Tacoma in a 15" wheel. I didn't really want to go larger (16 or 17") because I like the tall side wall. I wasn't sure about the center cap with the hubs but it's really not a hassle. Plus the caps can be left off if the hubs are going to be turned in and out a lot.

Looks sharp!

Excellent choice in tires! :D Rims look good too...