Sign in to follow this  
ZenDragon

2014 Jeep Cherokee O_o

Don't leave out the 93 to 04 Grand Cherokees. ;) I'm partial to my 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland which is as close as you can get to a "Rubicon" version of the Grand Cherokee. It was nearly 40K new... twelve years ago. And just like my Overland when it was sold new, I bet most Rubicons sold don't see much that resembles off-road. I bought my Grand Cherokee for 9K two years ago. In ten or twelve years, you'll be able to buy a 2013 Rubicon for a third of its current sticker price. I understand your frustration, though. I had a 91 Cherokee some years ago, and I really enjoyed it. If they were still making XJs with solid front axles, I'd buy one.

How could I forget? lol Yea the the WJ was damn nice too until the WK came along.

Okay, it wasn't fair for me to post these pictures until I checked it out for myself. I found them on fb and thought it was kind of weird that there was no Wrangler for 2014, and now that I've done a bunch of internet searching I can't find the photo for 2014 vehicles anywhere. So I'm assuming it's photo shopped or the like. The official Jeep website clearly shows both Wrangler and JKU in line with Patriot, Grand, Compass and Cherokee. I began to suspect something when I saw folks discussing Wrangler colors for 2014.

So whew! Wranglers are still available and perhaps Bradywgn71 has a point on CAFE mandates. :rolleyes:

Here's something interesting now that you mention CAFE mandates. Take a look at the Jeep line up for 2013 compared to 2014. Tell me what you see (or don't see):

998267_594573433898167_1573638366_n.jpg

945589_594573437231500_375058419_n.jpg

So explain that? :rolleyes:

I've never seen anything better than straight axles to get out of the snow. Period. But, if only there were just some way to put that 8-speed tranny in my XJ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=51413&d=1371078807

1011725_666381420056515_38534707_n.jpg

This photo proves my point quite nicely lol

the new cherokee is stock, the old cherokee has had some work done on it. it is like comparing apples to oranges.

johnps

the new cherokee is stock, the old cherokee has had some work done on it. it is like comparing apples to oranges.

johnps

Granted, but I'm not really referring to the flex of the XJ, I'm referring to the lack thereof on the new Cherokee. Even the stock XJ flexes more than that. My point is that this thing is simply a road car masquerading as a 4x4, and is as far from the Jeep roots as it could possibly be. They already have vehicles in this market niche, this thing really has no place anywhere. At the very least they should have stuck with a solid rear axle, and front IFS like the liberty. But now, this thing is pretty much useless anywhere you couldn't take a subaru, so whats the point?