Sign in to follow this  
jeweluster

Woods Canyon camp trip 6/21

Looking for a camp area that is on a lake, stream, creek, any kind of water that I can camp right on the water and not have to hike too. Looking in the area of Rim, mogollon area, blue ridge reservoir, knoll lake, bear canyon lake, woods canyon. can be self contained and carry in our own water. Can be off the beaten path. Any help or tips would be freatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

You know to be honest, I can't think of any place where you can park and camp right next to the water. Maybe up near Greer, like big lake, but I'm not even sure about that. Good luck finding something though.

one of the first rules in most managed forest areas is to camp a certain distance from any water source. Treadlightly and many National Forests say 200 feet, other places may have other specific rules. this is mainly because wildlife will avoid the area if it's full of humans.

the only places i am familiar with in AZ that you can camp right next to water are the bigger lakes down here where it's way hot this time of year, like lake Roosevelt.

..or the Hassayampa river but it's dry as a bone right now. Oak Creek in Sedona is also nice if you're willing to pay for a spot next to a bunch of humans.

Big Lake, Roosevelt Lake, Christopher Creek campground and certain ones Tonto Creek.

You can camp very close to (but not on) the water at White horse lake. Nice campground about 10 miles South of Williams.

Not up on the rim, but it does meet your requirements.

Curly

Let me know what you find. I may be in the area on the 21st...always looking for new/good spots.

Let me know what you find. I may be in the area on the 21st...always looking for new/good spots.

X2

Thank you all for ur help. Have found a couple spots off the beaten path but gonna have to wait till maybe next Monty as I have been sick most of this week.