Sign in to follow this  
Number7

What type of trails do you like to run?

I'd like to know what kind of trails people here like to run.

Does a difficult trail with challenging obstacles appeal to you, or do you want to stay on easy trails? Or maybe something in between?

George :cool:

Wish I could run more difficult trails but equipment issues limit me so easy to easy moderate here.

I was running so many easy trails in my live, I would tend to moderate to difficult trails :D.

I like to run trails that are just a bit beyond my comfort level for me and Big Jake. He's stock except for a leveling kit, and 35's, but pretty capable none the less. I like to see just what we can achieve without being stupid. So I would have to say moderate to difficult. To put some perspective to it, climbing the ledge just north of the Coke Ovens on the way to Box Canyon is exactly the type of trail I'm talking about.

With a stock Jeep that is advertized as being "trail rated" ya would think that the moderate to hard trails would not be too much of a challenge. However my goal is to ALWAYS have the Jeep bring me back home from the middle of nowhere. Luckly so far that has always been the case but I did have my doubts from time to time (Scrambler almost tipped over on the Lake Pleasant to Crown King road). I have more smashed up skid plates under the JK then I would have ever thought possible. I am now seriously looking at a lift kit something I said I would never need with a Rubicon. Ha ha ha stock trails, it really depends who you run with and the line you take. With all that said, I like the moderate trails. I'm not interested in tearing up my Jeep for the sake of a few moments of adrenalin. There are other clubs for the rock crawlers and carnage seekers. A moderate trail with a really challenging spot every once in a while is all I ever want to experience.

I like trails that go somewhere--old mine, ghost town, ruins, canyon, whatever... Don't enjoy difficult for the sake of difficult, but don't mind having to get past an obstacle in order to explore. My favorite is to just go and see what's out there. And get back with Jeep intact.

I like trails that go somewhere--old mine, ghost town, ruins, canyon, whatever... Don't enjoy difficult for the sake of difficult, but don't mind having to get past an obstacle in order to explore. My favorite is to just go and see what's out there. And get back with Jeep intact.

What he said.

I feel the exact same way. I love having a destination with a fairly easy-going trail, but don't mind a little challenge here and there. I never like having to come home with things broken.

I'd like to know what king of trails people here like to run.

Does a difficult trail with challenging obstacles appeal to you, or do you want to stay on easy trails? Or maybe something in between?

George :cool:

Great question, George! I had been planning to start a similar thread myself, but now I won't have to. :)

With the obvious limitiations from my rig, I am stuck with easy to lightly moderate trails. However, my favorite places to go are the more exploration area types versus a single dedicated trail. There is an area I go to out here in the West Valley that has a countless number of trails with obstacles of all types and difficulty levels. It's only downfall is that a lot of people use it for a shooting area so you have to be careful where you go.....it can be a warzone at times. That and there really is nothing interesting out there. I really enjoy trails with something to see....like a historical point of interest or a beautiful natural scene of some sort.