Sign in to follow this  
HEMI Kyle

Rental Hunting Cabin

My wife and I are planning on buying about 40 acres or so in northern AZ this year. We are hoping to purchase a plot that borders or is at least close to a large area of State Trust Land or BLM Land. We are currently looking in Heber, Ash Fork, St Johns and a few other areas. We will use this land for hunting and camping and maybe in the future build an off the grid style home. I would at first build a small, self sufficient cabin with solar power and well water. We were talking about this and thought it would be a shame to leave it vacant for so much of the year. So, we talked about renting the cabin out as a hunting/camping cabin for others. I figured asking you all would be a good start to our research. I am sure out of state hunters/campers would make up a majority of the "customer base" as well though. Here are my questions for you:

Would you pay to rent a cabin in any of those areas?

How much would you expect to pay?

What amenities would be a must?

What amenities would be very desirable?

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

I am a camping hunter, but as probably one of the biggest hunters on this camp these are recommendations I would make to market it to hunters:

-Nice game hanging area, heavy duty crossbar with pulleys.

-A mud room with a changing area and camo hanging area, I am very particular about what smells I let get on my camo and specifically store my field clothes and change into them on the edge of camp away from campfire and cooking smells.

-A garage for parking ATVs and side by sides out of the weather.

-Outdoor sink or wash basin is always nice.

-Good fire pit

-Trailer Parking

-Generator power is a plus.

No clue on pricing, never paid to go to a cabin. But fair pricing and a quality experience will mean you rent it out a lot.

Some great ideas there! Thanks for the input!