Sign in to follow this  
K7VZ

Four Peaks Pickup 2010

Me & Jorge are IN!

This is an awesome clean up to participate in. John Hunter usually maintains 'The NO-SHOOTING-LAW' from the Sheriff Buggy while we're out there, and it's a really great group. There's a barbeque and raffle at the end of the day, usually something for everyone. The 'Before' & 'After' pictures of areas we clean are just amazing! This will be our 3rd year participating.

GnD :cool::rolleyes:

i'm in

Me too.

Thanks for the support!! See everyone out there!

Also, keep an eye out on Channel 12 news at night. We just did an interview with Lin Sue Cooney today about the Cleanup.

Tim Huber

FourPeaks2010.jpg

Keep an eye out on Channel 12 News over the next couple days. We did an interview with Lin Sue Cooney for a special about the cleanup.

Here is an article about the cleanup from ABC 15: http://www.abc15.com/content/entertainment/localevents/story/Love-the-Arizona-desert-How-you-can-help-keep-it/xipouHyGPU6Y6C1VKI-f_w.cspx

I just heard from Bill Burke who will be at the cleanup to help fill some bags! He is also bringing out a bunch of items for the give away! What a guy.

Check out his 4-Wheeling America site here. http://www.bb4wa.com

How many people typically attend? Will it be easy to find members of our group out there? :confused:

My third year too! Theres LOTS of people who show up, so exchange a phone number or two....PM'ed you with mine and I'll be watching for G&D there too and will be on cb4! It would be cool to all hang together while we clean up after the a-holes who trash our beautiful state....Sorry for the rant.

See you all on Saturday!

smiles, ladybug

Ladybug,

Third year. That's pretty cool. Thank you. It means a lot.

Gearhead,

Each year is a surprise as to how many show. First year just over 300 and last year over 500. It will depend on the weather this year.

I suggest using FRS, CB or HAM radios to communicate with your friends. I'll be using 146.46 for coordinating things, emergencies and other issues. (cell phone reception is pretty bad up there)