Sign in to follow this  
matt@expaz

New Yarnell Fire: sad in many ways

A new fire new Yarnell was started by lightning on Saturday. I hope they get it contained quickly with no big loss in property or life.

I also found a segment of the article in the local news interesting. The Forest Servie can't reach the fire because it's in "extremely rugged terrain where there's no road access for firefighters."

Hmmmm, maybe the FS shouldn't be closing all the roads and then they could have some way of getting to these fires? Just a thought.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/23180529/more-firefighters-being-assigned-to-arizona-fire

Good luck with that one. (About the FS closing all the roads). I made the same argument after the Gladiator Fire. The FS said the same thing when that fire took out 18,000 acres. Last year's rains have really ruined a lot of what few roads there are in the area. The hill sides are slowly sliding down and filling in or obliterating the roads. Nature is doing the FS's job for them! (closing down access)

I passed through Yarnell twice yesterday, around 8 am and 5pm. No sign of the new fire. We didn't see or smell smoke, and we were looking because we had heard of it. Lets hope this one doesn't spread.

Curly