Sign in to follow this  
AZBillyBoy

Happy Birthday!

To my ride. 15 years old / 199,838 miles / original owner

[ATTACH]1843[/ATTACH]

congrats!

I can't imagine it not being there. It's a fixture in my life! Happily I use it only for my offroad excursions so it doesn't have to deal with the treachery of daily traffic!

Yeah that was the cold overcast day when I was at the Goat Ranch. I was getting ready to leave because the weather was really going south. And then I heard the rumble of a bunch of vehicles coming and it was your group. That really turned out to be a spectacular day. After you guys left, the weather did go south big time so I left. But as I was driving along the ridge of 89 I got to see a spectacular white out condition to the West in Bear Creek. The visibility must have been near 0. White powdery snow coming down like crazy.

I stopped at the Swastika Mine and another guy was there in his big blazer. His whole family was checking out the cabin and the ruins. It REALLY got cold then so I definitely left for warmer spots.

Funny thing is all these people were out there on the worst day of the year and on so many really nice days no one ever passed through!

Now the saddest thing is that all of those sites are gone now. The Swastika cabin was destroyed in the fire and there's a mini-grand canyon in its place. The one mine shaft next to the cabin is buried under feet of rock. The old pickup with the pizza sign on the cab and the big boulder embedded in it is also gone. Washed away to who knows where. And 89 is pretty much in ruins all through the burn area.

Happy Birthday Lil' Tacoma! :rolleyes:

specially since the new Tacomas are SO big. How many more years until I can get one of those historic plates? Knowing DMV they probably charge more for those!