Sign in to follow this  
tucsonWJ

Superchips programmer for the 4.0?

You say the wires are different colors from year to year, do you know where I can find a wire diagram? I know Chris did it as well and he has an 02, do you think there is different between the I6 and the V8 as far as wire colors go?

You say the wires are different colors from year to year, do you know where I can find a wire diagram? I know Chris did it as well and he has an 02, do you think there is different between the I6 and the V8 as far as wire colors go?

i imagine it's the same on all the 02's - chris what color was it?

Without going out and digging into it, they were the same color wires as yours if I recall correctly. Mine was built May of '02.

Quick question for you guys. Since the large tires my mpg is around 13.5. Is that accurate or is the computer just confused and giving me the wrong reading when I am really getting better mpg?

If the speedo is off, your computer MPG will be off as well...

I don't know what size tires you're running but my old XJ with 31x10.50s was off by 7% on speedo and odo. That translated to 5 mph at 60 mph.

I'm running 285/75/16, clocked it with GPS and it averages out to be about 8.6% off. I did decide to do the Speedo DRD. 1/3 the price of the programmer, and for what I want it to do right now it will work.

Hey Kris, I was going to install the speedo thing and I read you write up. My question is I have 2 black with orange striped wires. You wouldn't happen to know which one to use or does it matter?

Hey Kris, I was going to install the speedo thing and I read you write up. My question is I have 2 black with orange striped wires. You wouldn't happen to know which one to use or does it matter?

shouldn't matter. my manual does show that there are 2 BK/OR wires, both are ground. you could even just run that black DRD wire to frame ground instead. i was just trying to keep all the connections in the same area.