Sign in to follow this  
GOTMTNS

Garage floor coated

As soon as I bought the new house I decided I was coating the garage floors right off the bat, otherwise I knew like most of us it would never happen. Ordered the two kits for $180 delivered and less than $20 in supplies, so installed myself for less than $200 and about 4 hours work with prep. Went darker so fluids wouldn't show when I build my next rig, now all that's missing is the rig :rolleyes: So hopefully I can find a cheap ZJ or XJ, maybe even a Bronco since I have the 8 ft garage door.

Will get better pics in the next couple days.

174299569_garagefloorcoating1.jpg.059c70ec1ba04f3a72230aa2dbefeae6.jpg

1091071397_garagefloorcoating2.jpg.7b557646b490bc159695eb22dd61e98d.jpg

Looks good, mine is way too far gone due to oil leaks etc, It would take major sand blasting to get down to a clean surface capable of holding an epoxy coating.

Even with being a new build I did the acid etching, but hoping to prevent having the stains again myself.

As soon as I bought the new house I decided I was coating the garage floors right off the bat, otherwise I knew like most of us it would never happen.

Yep you are correct about it not happening. Been in my house 7 years now and not a day goes by that I don't think about having the garage floor coated. Its a 3-car garage and one side is full of "junk". I recently got a storage shed and plan on this winter moving the stuff out and trying to get the third car into the garage. With all the junk in the way, it should be relative clean and free of vehicle oils and tire marks. I'm thinking of trying the U-Coat-It product and coat the one stall. http://www.ucoatit.com/2011web/main.htm

Which product did you use?

Nice work Dan. My garage floor is carpeted, it's like working underneath the jeep in my living room

image_zps07c51c7d.jpg

I used the Rhinoline kits, good reviews.

Nice Scott, I have some I thought about putting down the side with cabinets.

Dan, I'm so happy for you getting the new house. It looks really nice from all the pictures I've seen on facebook. Nice work on the garage floor too!

Scotty, your vehicles are spoiled rotten. :rolleyes:

Dan, I'm so happy for you getting the new house. It looks really nice from all the pictures I've seen on facebook. Nice work on the garage floor too!

Scotty, your vehicles are spoiled rotten. :rolleyes:

Thanks, it is coming together slowly but surely. If I can get the quad sold I will have a new toy to put in that garage ;)

Thanks, it is coming together slowly but surely. If I can get the quad sold I will have a new toy to put in that garage ;)

You can post it on here if you want...

You can post it on here if you want...

Thanks. Going to shortly, the hunting forums were my priority with big game seasons getting under way.