Sign in to follow this  
GOTMTNS

1997 Polaris Sportsman 500 with TONS of extras

I still primarily hunt with my dad who is disabled and when I don't I hunt with my uncle who has a side by side, so this sees very little use and there is a bike I would like to get. Runs strong and if the battery doesn't hold a charge I will replace it tonight or in the morning, even had the carb pulled and soaked last year when I had it completely serviced....I trust it enough to ride in the back country solo. It has a 10" Rigid LED light bar installed in the front with a rock screen over it, will include the light bar ($400) with full asking price.

Comes with:

-winch

-Locking storage box/back rest that I attached with bolts and not the straps to make it secure.

-Front and rear racks.

-Electric horn.

-Gun mount and boot

-Ramps

-Cabela's heavy duty cover

-Full second set of tires, rears even have rims.

-Two helmets XL and L

post-5751-0-76386900-1381191279_thumb.jpg

post-5751-0-85064000-1381191307_thumb.jpg

post-5751-0-84331800-1381191391_thumb.jpg

Winch is brand new and just installed last year, as is the light bar. Plastics aren't perfect, but for the price you are getting a very solid machine with TONS of extras. Will get more pics tomorrow, as the light bar is mounted into the front of the quad and not just on the rack now. Feel free to message me with any questions 480-223-2068. $2850 for everything.

i remember when you scored that badboy just over two years ago

DayIbroughtherhome2.jpg

I had fun, but have only used it a couple times since the run with you guys. Time to move on to another toy for a while.

I think theKSmith should buy it for me :D

Trying to get specifics but talking trade on this, any XJ guys know a price range on rebuilt and new transmissions and engines if they were a problem? Thinking the cage and body are worth it, and he says it runs with lockers front and rear. Its a 1990.

00w0w_dTQ8IPc16a9_600x450.jpg.f132ad6c035cddbb9a911464b6489412.jpg

00w0w_86qsdrNxiVD_600x450.jpg.e1a4da2061b7ee25df802bda0a60c7c3.jpg

00O0O_1FLSokD14LL_600x450.jpg.7639601a93a0a314266ed1b714f70ab0.jpg

Trying to get specifics but talking trade on this, any XJ guys know a price range on rebuilt and new transmissions and engines if they were a problem? Thinking the cage and body are worth it, and he says it runs with lockers front and rear. Its a 1990.

[ATTACH]1893[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1895[/ATTACH]

Rebuilt engine and trans is about $3000. What suspension (long arm is best), what axles and lockers, (D44s and selectable lockers are the best)? I would say the cage is worth about $1000. What's the mileage on this beast? George:cool:

Rebuilt engine and trans is about $3000. What suspension (long arm is best), what axles and lockers, (D44s and selectable lockers are the best)? I would say the cage is worth about $1000. What's the mileage on this beast? George:cool:

Trying to get more info now, does look like a D30 up front and its on 35s. Tires look like KM2s, and has harness seats. Hoping to see it soon.

Trying to get more info now, does look like a D30 up front and its on 35s. Tires look like KM2s, and has harness seats. Hoping to see it soon.

Not to pee on your camp fire, but I don't think it's a good trade. Be patient and you will get a better deal. George:cool:

Understand, we are just talking right now. It would be the quad without light bar and most of the accessories. I really trust your opinion, so any input is great.

Understand, we are just talking right now. It would be the quad without light bar and most of the accessories. I really trust your opinion, so any input is great.

Ok buddy. George:cool::D

• Like 1