Sign in to follow this  
datrupr

'01 Montero

I snapped a couple more pics of the new bumper. A little further away but still ont he street. Sorry for the street pics. I need to find some time to get back out in the dirt.

002-14.jpg

003-16.jpg

004-13.jpg

005-12.jpg

changes the whole look of the vehicle.... for the better!

Dude, that's radical! I can't believe how much different it looks with that bumper on it. Nice Add! d :rolleyes:

Thanks, guys. I love the way these trucks look with that bumper on them. I also like the added weight in the front, it helps soften the very harsh ride from the heavy duty suspension I added. Now to work on underside protection, then a winch.

OK, I made a few changes a while back but kept forgetting to take pictures and post them up. I finally got around to it today, so here goes.

First, my clineometer was not staying put where I had mounted it in the early stages so it was moved to a more secure location and also easier for me to see. Besides, I didn't need the clock anyway (pic coming soon). Also, the thermometer for the fridge was not staying put so I needed a better way to secure it as well. Well, I was searching around quite a bit an looking for a good deal on a way to mount the thermometer as well as get a mount for my GPS. Well, the last time I bought a mount for a Magellan GPS unit from Magellan I felt really screwed out of my money. It was a total piece of junk and it broke in just a couple of weeks and it was $40. So, I decided to go the aftermarket route. Now, I know a lot of people on other boards are huge fans of the Ram Mounts and they do look nice and have gotten good reviews, I didn't want to spend that much money. Well, I was in Best Buy one day right around Christmas and found this:

014-7.jpg

It is a Best Buy brand called Rocketfish and it looked pretty versitile and sturdy. And, it was only $20. So I picked one up and thought I would give it a try. Well, after a couple weeks of testing it appeared to do the trick. So, I went and got another one. Well, they seem to do the trick pretty well and I am happy with them.

The one holding the GPS:

011-9.jpg

It holds the thermometer very well also:

012.jpg

How the "command center" looks now. Here you can also see the relocated clineometer over the factory clock:

010-9.jpg

Also, I leave the thermometer in it's mount pretty much the whole time, but around town I do not use the GPS, so the mount makes a good place to put the iPod:

013-1.jpg

So, those are the changes thus far, and I have to say that so far I am pretty impressed with the Rocketfish mounts. I have not done a lot of off-road testing with them yet, but the short amount of testing I have done they have proven themselves to be up to the task.

nice and clean, keep us updated long term on those holders... they might be a good value alternative (i do love RAM mounts though!)

Will do, Kris. Once I get into the rough stuff a bit more (probably not until June) I'll keep everyone posted, so far they are doing well.