Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

JK Wranglers explode when driven on sand?

Btw, does this seem to be with 07-11 or 07-14? I'm wondering if its only the 4 speed doing this since the newer 545 is much more stout.

Just referring to the 07-11's. The factory auxiliary cooler is a poor design, part of the ac condenser. Seems to be a big problem mainly in 4H. They suggest using 4L, turning O/D off. Also if you run your AC it will force the fan on. I suggest installing the additional factory or a aftermarket trans cooler. And make sure you air down to at least 15-20 psi. Rolling on top of the sand is easier on your trans than plowing through. If you do overheat, don't be cheap, get your fluid changed.

Jeep is installing free tranny coolers on Jks. Certain years with auto trannies due to issues arising from tranny fluid getting to hot. Anyone smell smoke?

Unless something has changed, the only free coolers I've heard of, is after damage has already occurred. Unfortunately, I bought mine used, so I don't have the powertrain warranty. I've been told "too bad" by many people at Chrysler. If something has changed, please let us all know.