Sign in to follow this  
LO PHAT

Charouleau Gap Birthday Party Run -- Saturday, February 8, 2014

It is time to celebrate! :cool:

What:

This will be another one of LO PHAT's crazy runs. That means you must come with a great attitude, be willing to try various challenges and obstacles, and plan for the possibility of the unexpected. Vehicle requirements are a suspension lift, 33" or larger tires, at least one locker, recovery points, and a spare tire.

Where:

Charouleau Gap Trail

When:

Saturday, February 8, 2014

We will depart as a group from the Chevron gas station on the north east corner of US-60 and Idaho at some ridiculously early hour of the morning. Plan to spend a full day on the trail, and be sure to pack accordingly. We will enjoy dinner at a Mexican restaurant before heading back home.

Why:

LO PHAT, Rhino, and SCOT68 want to celebrate their birthdays by wheeling a scenic Arizona trail with a few of their friends.

Who:

Confirmed (currently capped at lucky thirteen)

1. LO PHAT -- green XJ
  2. Rhino -- red XJ
  3. SCOT68 -- white TJ
  4. Jeepindad -- white XJ
  5. tucsonWJ -- graphite WJ
  6. Tortured Metal -- tan LJ
  7. dustin g & Megan_G -- red ZJ
  8. Utah_jeepster -- orange TJ
  9. Rush -- white TJ
  10. BDKs93YJ -- ??? YJ
  11. My Green Jeep -- green TJ
  12. Chili -- silver JK
  13. Coocoo -- red TJ

Hoping for a spot

1. (friend of Chili) -- ??? TJ
  2. Digger -- white XJ
  3. macinyart -- white YJ
  4. Jason Ginsbach -- orange JK

** Please make sure you are familiar with and agree to LO PHAT's four simple rules (posted below). **

LO PHAT's Four Simple Rules

1) TREAD LIGHTLY! -- Keep your vehicle on the trail at all times. Don't throw any trash or cigarette butts on the ground. If you find trash along the trail please help by picking it up.

2) Keep the driver behind you in sight at all times. -- By doing this the driver behind you will know which turn you took, and you will know if he/she is experiencing any trouble. If you don't see the driver behind you stop. Don't worry about getting left behind. The driver in front of you will then also stop when he/she doesn't see you. This is often called the "rubber band" effect. The group will stretch out in the open areas and tighten back up in the twisty or difficult parts of the trail.

3) No drinking and driving. -- If you want one beer with lunch feel free to bring it. Beyond that leave the adult beverages at home.

4) Buckle up. -- Make sure that everyone in your vehicle is wearing a seat belt whenever your vehicle is in motion.

Required Attendance Waiver and Emergency Information

Please remember that I am required to collect a signed copy of this document from Offroad Passport members at the start of the run. CLICK HERE to read more information and download a copy that you can print yourself. I will have extra copies available at the drivers' meeting, but things go a lot faster if you bring an already signed copy with you.

EDIT: THIS NO LONGER APPLIES, SO PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST! ;)

I'm in!!

I'm in!!

:cool:

I can't wait!! A nice run should be just the thing to get my mind off the fact I will soon be another year older. :)

Which direction are you running the trail? Oracle, Az to Catalina/Tucson side, AZ or the other way? Thanks for the info!

Which direction are you running the trail? Oracle, Az to Catalina/Tucson side, AZ or the other way? Thanks for the info!

We will probably run the trail from Catalina to Oracle since most people seem to feel that it is more interesting and challenging in that direction. I'm open to suggestions though.

Nate It would be an honor to come on this run and help you celebrate your birthday. Sign me up please!!!

Nate It would be an honor to come on this run and help you celebrate your birthday. Sign me up please!!!

Are you willing to hold hands with SCOT68 again? He might have mentioned something about that being an ideal birthday gift. :D