BigTuna117

Big Tuna's "Building the Dub!"

Well, the beautiful weather has really got me in gear! Last week I installed Sliders from Affordable Offroad:

S9z2ZUP.jpg

Which is something I should've gotten done a LONG time ago. I ended up spending a couple of hours straightening the rocker panels out, sanding them down, and re-coating them makes everything look pretty dang sharp. Really, this is something that should've been completed late phase 2 or early phase 3, before the rig took rocker damage. Fortunately, it was minor enough to not hinder the installation much.

Which leads to today, a beautiful Saturday with not a cloud in the sky, barely a breeze, and a high of 70f, I set out to tackle the relocation of my driver's side brake line into it's proper place, OUTSIDE of the Iron Y, instead of through it, as I had done previously. Once I had this completed, I broke out my trusty coil compressors, and removed the front coils to investigate the installation of coil retainers. Now, the IronMan4x4Fab retainers come with no instructions, but based on the hardware provided, I suspect the intended process would include holes into each coil perch in order to accommodate the mounting hardware. I've had these in my garage for about a year, which gave me plenty of time to think about that.... Why not just use rivnuts and not (potentially) ruin the integrity of my coil perches?
So that's what I did. The factory hole in the perch would do perfectly on the lower perches, but the uppers did require some slight widening. No problem. Made installation a breeze, and the coils are tight and secured now.

bVxRMDj.jpg

And with that, the Jeep is pretty much ready to wheel again! I did discover that my upper radiator hose is starting to weep, so that's gonna have to be replaced soon.

Nice to get an update. The Dub is looking really good with those new sliders! 

9 hours ago, dzJeepChic said:

Nice to get an update. The Dub is looking really good with those new sliders! 

Thanks! The fresh coat of paint on the rockers took her from tired looking, back to sharp and ready for action. Speaking of which.... she is pretty much ready for action! All that's left is this and that, minor weekend jobs. Although, I am eyeing a new roof rack among other things...

• Like 1

And now for something completely different:

https://youtu.be/eTPCNcuOEkw

I decided to spend a little extra and get something really nice and form fitting in form of Coverking seat covers! Pretty great fit, finish and quality so far. We'll see how the hold up.