Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

96 cherokee in North Phoenix

Tim,

Those size vehicles are the US equivalent of pickups and light duty work trucks in many 3rd world countries. They were first imported stateside, for use in large manufacturing complexes to supplant the need for something a little more robust than golf carts for the maint crews. They also gained popularity as delivery vehicles in crowed inner city areas, like NYC, Chicago, etc…

Steve, don't know if you remember it or not, but one of those Mitsubishi trucks was running around in Yuma in the early 70's. I went to High School with the owners son. They had a TV repair business (remember those? :eek:) near Ave B and 8th street. They used the truck as a delivery vehicle and their son sometimes drove it to school. It was bright yellow and totally unlike any other truck in town.

Curly

Steve, don't know if you remember it or not, but one of those Mitsubishi trucks was running around in Yuma in the early 70's. I went to High School with the owners son. They had a TV repair business (remember those? :eek:) near Ave B and 8th street. They used the truck as a delivery vehicle and their son sometimes drove it to school. It was bright yellow and totally unlike any other truck in town.

Curly

I do remember it now that you mention it…