Sign in to follow this  
azjeep4me

Chase Bank

I generally don't post personal stuff but this was so unexpected I just decided to.

Friday I went into CHASE BANK to deposit money, (in this case Cash), into my ex-step-sons account to pay for one final semester of college. I have been doing this for several years.

Imagine my surprise when the Teller at Chase Bank informed me that since I was not a signer on the account, I could not deposit cash into the account. “This is a New Regulation and we can not accept Cash” is what she stated. The bank could however accept a Money Order or a Cashier’s Check and I could deposit either of these.

Of course Chase Bank would put a “hold” on the funds.

After checking around I find that this is a CHASE BANK Only “regulation”. It is not a Federal Regulation; its just one more way for Chase Bank to make money on your money.

PLEASE If you have an account at Chase Bank or have a friend that does CLOSE the Accounts. Move your funds to a real bank that accepts Cash.

Ps The bank I use does not charge for use of any ATM machine, pays interest on your accounts and you get a free Safety Deposit box. I also get free checks.

Oh, the outrage.

Ps The bank I use does not charge for use of any ATM machine, pays interest on your accounts and you get a free Safety Deposit box. I also get free checks.

As a customer of Chase, I get the same benefits.

BBVA (compass) charges you to count cash deposits larger than $100 :mad:

I generally don't post personal stuff but this was so unexpected I just decided to.

Friday I went into CHASE BANK to deposit money, (in this case Cash), into my ex-step-sons account to pay for one final semester of college. I have been doing this for several years.

Imagine my surprise when the Teller at Chase Bank informed me that since I was not a signer on the account, I could not deposit cash into the account. “This is a New Regulation and we can not accept Cash” is what she stated. The bank could however accept a Money Order or a Cashier’s Check and I could deposit either of these.

Of course Chase Bank would put a “hold” on the funds.

After checking around I find that this is a CHASE BANK Only “regulation”. It is not a Federal Regulation; its just one more way for Chase Bank to make money on your money.

PLEASE If you have an account at Chase Bank or have a friend that does CLOSE the Accounts. Move your funds to a real bank that accepts Cash.

Oddly enough, if you had set up an 'online transfer' of said moneys, Chase would not have made any money on the transfer. Even if it had been a Paypal transfer, in the case where you don't own the receiving account, it's free.

Personally, I love chase and all the wonderful freebies I get from having my accounts there. Like you said, there's no charge for ATM machines, they pay interest on my accounts (I'm going to need to check out free checks!) and when I needed a notary public the other day there was no charge. And now you're telling me I can also get a free Safety Deposit box? Cha-ching!

Oddly enough, if you had set up an 'online transfer' of said moneys, Chase would not have made any money on the transfer. Even if it had been a Paypal transfer, in the case where you don't own the receiving account, it's free.

Personally, I love chase and all the wonderful freebies I get from having my accounts there. Like you said, there's no charge for ATM machines, they pay interest on my accounts (I'm going to need to check out free checks!) and when I needed a notary public the other day there was no charge. And now you're telling me I can also get a free Safety Deposit box? Cha-ching!

i get all that at BofA and have never had a problem with them since opening my account in 96. i know they are universally one of the most hated banks though. i personally can't stand Chase because of things like what started this thread, including their forced 2 factor security for online accounts, and some other random things that i think they do completely screwy.

funny, i've got stronger opinions on bank brands than i do on vehicle brands!

I am with Diane, added a chase account a few years back and have great customer service and experiences. They are stricter on certain things than some banks, but they are trying to avoid problems. Still use Desert Schools for some banking and my truck loan, left them for Chase completely a few years back due to nickel and diming but came back when they made me a good offer.

B of A on the other hand, you couldn't pay me to bank with them. They have a more than one policy that completely disgusts me and it is shameful that that place has America in its name.