Sign in to follow this  
Offroad Passport

Sept 5 - 7, 2014: ORP's 5th Annual Cinders Event, Flagstaff, AZ: 4x4 Mod & Easy, Improved Campground

So, just to be clear, I take the I17 north to the 89 and go north?

So, just to be clear, I take the I17 north to the 89 and go north?

The campground is off Highway 89 about 15 miles north of Flagstaff. Take a right like you're going to Sunset Crater National Monument, I think the road is called 545 Loop Road. Before you get to the Sunset Crater entrance, go left to O' Leary Group site (not Bonita Campground). If you get to the entrance to the national monument you've gone too far. :)

Personally I don't like driving through Flagstaff, so I take I-17 to I-40, and go east to exit 201 which crosses over to Hwy 89 out by the mall.

Hope that helps,

Diane

Newbie question, do you guys break down the tent setups on Saturday or can they be left at the camp? We're bringing a hitch carrier for the rest of our stuff and probably have to chain it to a tree when the group heads out to Cinders.

Newbie question, do you guys break down the tent setups on Saturday or can they be left at the camp? We're bringing a hitch carrier for the rest of our stuff and probably have to chain it to a tree when the group heads out to Cinders.

We leave everything set up while we're out of camp.

Weather forecast for this weekend in Flagstaff calls for day time temperatures in the mid 70's down to the low 50's overnight. There's a 40% chance of rain on Friday afternoon, 0% chance of rain on Saturday, and 80% chance of rain on Sunday (we'll be gone by then).

Our experience is that afternoon showers can be heavy, but they don't last for too long. There is a ramada we can all sit under if we do get a shower. Easy-up's (canopy) or tarps to put over your stuff are good preventive measures.

I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures for sure!!!!!!

Thanks D! Looking forward to the hot weather break.

Looks like we are going to bail. Sorry.

Sam and Pat

haha... I had to re-read my initial post, Jeff. I didn't say one thing about your not going... or going. geez, put me under the bus. :) Hmmm... is that a good thing that i caused you to worry though? :( Yeah! Hmmm... so are we setting up the tents nearby each other this trip again? :)

(above re: to Jeff (lofreqjeff) post 4 weeks ago)

See ya'll the 5th. I'll keep reading, i have ... 4 weeks of posts to get caught up on!! :)

Okay, so no charcoal needed. Does that mean firewood is still needed? We can pick up a bundle in town on our way thru Flag Friday along with lighter fluid that i did see mentioned. Going to be a great turn out as long as possibility of rain doesn't sway anyone. :) We are excited for the cooler temps and especially hanging out with everyone again! it's been too long!

haha... I had to re-read my initial post, Jeff. I didn't say one thing about your not going... or going. geez, put me under the bus. :) Hmmm... is that a good thing that i caused you to worry though? :( Yeah! Hmmm... so are we setting up the tents nearby each other this trip again? :)

(above re: to Jeff (lofreqjeff) post 4 weeks ago)

See ya'll the 5th. I'll keep reading, i have ... 4 weeks of posts to get caught up on!! :)

Okay, so no charcoal needed. Does that mean firewood is still needed? We can pick up a bundle in town on our way thru Flag Friday along with lighter fluid that i did see mentioned. Going to be a great turn out as long as possibility of rain doesn't sway anyone. :) We are excited for the cooler temps and especially hanging out with everyone again! it's been too long!

Yes, firewood is still needed if you guys have room!

Looks like we are going to bail. Sorry.

Sam and Pat

Boo! I'm sorry!