dzJeepChic

Clifford: dzJeepChic's '92 XJ [ongoing project]

G has actually filled & drained Clifford twice now. Both times he strains the liquid and gets a thick layer of gwum (a George word) like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=670&stc=1&d=1313797080

I am going to do a write up about the product he's using and the process - hopefully this weekend if I have time. Rest assured that the product is safe for this application and on aluminum (we don't think that's liquified aluminum on the sieve!).

George says he's going to do a couple more drain/fill rounds before he's finished.

d

:rolleyes:

DSCN8599.jpg

Any ideas as to what it is? After I removed my water pump I found what appeared to be a "crystal forest. "I I bought a new pump and plan on flushing my block as well.

Any ideas as to what it is? After I removed my water pump I found what appeared to be a "crystal forest. "I bought a new pump and plan on flushing my block as well.

Hey Grunt, I'll do a write up on it. Let me see how it turns out before I say though, just in case the results are disasterous. The gunk that's coming out is unidentifiable, so I don't want to recommend this until I see what happens.

George started flushing the block with clear water today...

Diane :rolleyes:

good luck with getting it figured out

i found my problem the bearing in my water pump was shot and the whole assembly nearly fell apart when i took it out

now she runs at 195-205 uphill, downhill, ac on, ac off, idling for 30 min

soooo happy :)

im only using distilled water and mocool.

mocool

Mocool? Vat is dis Mocool?

im only using distilled water and mocool.

I put a new radiator in the Dodge and the mfg instructions said that the warrenty is void if it is filled with anything other than coolant and distilled water....first time I have ever heard of having to run distilled water..

Good luck with the fix

I put a new radiator in the Dodge and the mfg instructions said that the warrenty is void if it is filled with anything other than coolant and distilled water....first time I have ever heard of having to run distilled water..

Good luck with the fix

Thanks. I'm surprised it's the first you've heard that. That's all I've ever heard. Oh well, at least you know now, right?

I thought this would have been something George would have thought of. I thought about mentioning it early but figured he would have thunked it.

Severe calcium build up then?

I thought this would have been something George would have thought of. I thought about mentioning it early but figured he would have thunked it.

Severe calcium build up then?

We honestly don't know what the gunk is that's coming out of it - although when it's dry it does resemble calcium (like on a faucet) to me. But I'm no chemical analyst, and my worst fears are that the gunk is broken down parts of the engine block or some other disasterous thing!

But Clifford is still soaking. I thought George was done soaking it, wrong again. Stay tuned for the outcome...

Not sure what state the engine is in but what about filling and running (as much as possible) with Prestone Concentrate Super Flush. I do that every couple of years. keep the system nice and perty.