dzJeepChic

Clifford: dzJeepChic's '92 XJ [ongoing project]

FWIW:  Those types of electrical connectors are know as "Weather-Pack" (due to the moisture sealing design (note the orange/pink seal.  there is also a similar seal where the wires on BOTH ends of hte connector enter into the connector).

An online search for weather-pac connectors will yield what you seek.    ;)

• Thanks 1

As I mentioned recently in the 'What did you do to your Rig today' thread, George reinstalled the ECCM last weekend. Thanks to a reminder from @theksmith, he modified the system a bit, switching out for 3-way brass fittings with shut off valves. This enables us to run the coolant through the ECCM and/or Clifford's heater core. Up until now we weren't able to use the heater if the ECCM was installed, but now we'll have that option.

51pU2mWHJ+L._AC_SX679_.jpg

P1150674.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

As also mentioned in 'What did you do to your rig today' thread, George heard some kind of clunk when he took Clifford for a short drive after installing the ECCM. So we took it out the next day and tried to replicate the sound, and it didn't take long before we were able to do that. Making tight S-turns along a dirt trail produced a LOUD POW that made me jump! We were able to reproduce the sound fairly consistently.

We're both afraid that the Currie built Dana 44 that came with the Jeep is worn out. We had a repair done in 2020 that we kind of knew it was only a matter of time before we might have to replace it. Anyhow, we can't get a direct replacement, but are having a Ford 9" built with 35 spline shafts, 4.88 gears, ARB locker. It's projected to be ready in 8 WEEKS 😮  Just in time to go run the Dusy Ershim trail.

I choose to remain mentally positive about the whole thing, so I'm wearing it like a badge of honor. After all, how many people do you know who have worn out a Curry built axle? That axle has been through some rough stuff with us!

P1150675.JPG

Edited by dzJeepChic
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, dzJeepChic said:

I choose to remain mentally positive about the whole thing, so I'm wearing it like a badge of honor. After all, how many people do you know who have worn out a Curry built axle? That axle has been through some rough stuff with us!

You guys should repurpose it into some form of trophy or “art installation” to remember it by and all of the adventures!

• Love 1

I like shiny things. I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. And then the fun begins!

681426281.thumb.jpg.6e2f0b8a3170151e639a1acca6583c43.jpg

681426273.thumb.jpg.e997ae95b8a84ec2a3d6c70ab6bc5761.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

yay!

do you re-use your factory brake assemblies with this? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theksmith said:

yay!

do you re-use your factory brake assemblies with this? 

Yes!

Cool beans.   Good to see all the pieces have arrived.   Saw most of it a week or so ago.  ;)

• Like 1

Progress, started getting it mocked up yesterday. The housing is from Quick Performance, but we are discussing changing that Q into an O for Offroad Passport. 😉

20220810_180033.jpg

20220810_180146.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

I thought this was going to be a lot harder. Mockup continues...

20220811_115553.jpg

20220811_121015.jpg

Edited by dzJeepChic
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1