dzJeepChic

Clifford: dzJeepChic's '92 XJ [ongoing project]

5 hours ago, dzJeepChic said:

I know right? My usual MO is to get halfway to where I'm going and have to go buy them.

EXACTLY...  With the exception of this monsoon season, wipers are SO seldom used, that I forget about them, until I find that ...  Oops...  I forgot to change them, so off to a parts store I go, in search of a set...   LOL...

• Haha 1

Ran into a major hiccup yesterday. Quick Performance should have installed spacers in front of the backing plates, but they didn't. 

Going to be on the phone this morning trying to figure out what to do. 

• Sad 4

UPDATE: All hope is NOT LOST! Christian is mailing a set of spacers today. Our initial fear was that the bearings and races would have to be cut off and re-pressed on after the spacer installation. BUT, in this case we can cut out part of the spacer making it into a U shape, and slide it in behind the retainer, and tighten it up. Whew! It sucks that our mail goes to Las Vegas on it's way here, which adds a day. We think the spacers might get here Saturday.

We have a lot to do to get ready to go, so we're going to side-line the axle install for now. Putting Clifford on wheels. Need to empty everything out, organize. Need to get out and organize camping gear. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

The rotors arrived on time yesterday. G installed them, and the brakes, and put the wheels back on. We rolled Clifford out of the garage and cleaned up the mess. We are going to focus on getting our trail gear and camping stuff organized and packed until the spacers get here. 👍

• Like 4

The spacers got here a day earlier than we expected, they got here late yesterday! YaY!

G went to put them in this morning - THEY ARE TOO SMALL. They are the wrong size. Christian sent the ones for a TJ, he doesn't have the ones for he Ford 9".

Our next step is to call QP Mon morning. 😥

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Today has been a rollercoaster 🎢 ride that ended with an old wheeling buddy with a bronco beast from Kingman bringing some retainer plates out to the house. George was already able to start fabricating the spacers from them. We could potentially begin running heat cycles tomorrow. 

20220821_182824_1661131848302_001.jpg

20220821_182749_1661131854584_001.jpg

20220821_182938_1661131845464_001.jpg

• Like 5

The guys at Quick Performance advised against using the spacers that G started fabricating, and using the proper spacers instead. They were making a set for us today and sending them overnight for delivery tomorrow. So we are back to waiting for parts status. 

Rollercoaster GIF

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

The Jeep Gods smiled down upon us today. The CORRECT parts were delivered just as we finished lunch. George got everything put together, filled, and one heat cycle down! Things are looking much more favorably toward running the Dusy!!!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Just now, dzJeepChic said:

The Jeep Gods smiled down upon us today. The CORRECT parts were delivered just as we finished lunch. George got everything put together, filled, and one heat cycle down! Things are looking much more favorably toward running the Dusy!!!

WOOHOOO!!!

• Like 2

Two, two heat cycles done! ;) 

• Like 4