Sign in to follow this  
kmayesaz

2013 JKRubicon Unlimited gross weight

Does anyone know the gross weight of the 2013 JK Rubicon Unlimited?

I looked in the owners manual but no luck. Even tried to google it.

Lets have a guessing contest. My guess is 5400. Might have to go to the truck stop and weigh it.

According to Motor Trend:

Weights: gross vehicle weight (lbs): 5,413, published curb weight (lbs): 4,521, gross trailer weight braked (lbs): 3,500 and payload allowance (lbs): 892

Are you asking about the weight of your vehicle without accessories & cargo (Curb Weight), or the maximum weight the vehicle can be loaded to (IE: GVW … Gross Vehicle Weight)

The Curb weight will depend on option content, fluid levels, etc. and will require being measured on a scale.

Grows Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) for your vehicle is posted on the door jamb sticker. There you will also find GAWR (gross axle weight rating) for both front & rear axles.

All three of these numbers are "not to exceed" weight ratings for your vehicle.

FWIW: it is possible (though not likely in most "normal" conditions) to overload either the front of rear axle, and still be within the GVWR of the total vehicle.

An example would be if you were to load the rear with a hitch onto which you have placed a very heavy tongue load trailer. In some cases, it would be possible to exceed the rear axle GAWR, while remaining below both the GVWR and the front axle GAWR (in this example, the load on the front axle will actually decrease due to the leverage effect of the heavy load on the hitch… Think of a playground teeter-totter, with the pivot being the rear axle location).:P

They weigh about the same as my Grand. 4400lbs

Thanks for the responses. I feel like a knucklehead because the info is on the door jam of the jeep!