Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

B&H Photo Video recommendation

just wanted to recommend B&H Photo and their SageMax extended warranty (protection plan).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

B&H is a well known name to those in the professional photographer and videographer. however they also sell many mid-range consumer cameras and other electronics gear. i have found their prices to usually be within a few dollars of the absolute lowest on the internet, yet still be a reputable shop.

my last camera purchase, a Panasonic DMC-TZ5 was from them a year and a half ago. i purchased the protection plan when i got the camera - it was $45 on a $280 camera. now normally i don't get extended warranties as i think they are ussually a rip-off, however this one covered accidental damage (dropping it, etc.) as well as a free once a year professional cleaning. i figured with the type of use this camera was going to endure, those were good things to have.

i've since used the camera constantly in the dusty jeepin world and even dropped it a couple of times. recently it seemed that it wasn't focusing correctly sometimes, so i sent it in for warranty repair and a cleaning.

it came back immaculate and the focusing problem is fixed, they even updated it to the newest firmware for me.

anyway, that's been my experience with B&H and the SageMax warranty so far.

Do they do repair? Sounds like a good deal. The LCD went out on my older Canon that I took on trips, and my wife will not let me take the CoolPix or the DSLR. :rolleyes: