Sign in to follow this  
dpcarriere

FJ's

I get to my destination with the A/C on full blast, in comfortable seats, driving 75 on the freeway unless I'm in a hurry. Just finished the hitch today. Will fix Shmoyota's dumb wheel lug problems soon. Then I'll tackle my communication issues. With those projects behind me it will be time for another scotch. Ahhhh.

Drove to, on and home from the Rubicon with the same creature comforts and without wheel lug problems. Heck, Bradywgn sheared some of the lugs off his jeep on the trail and still made it all the way back to Tucson.

I prefer vodka by the way.

I watched a #@*&^$ mechanic with a torque wrench in hand shear off a stud on my right front. So I looked into it on the forums and found many, many others also have had sheared wheel studs. There is no way I am going to be out in the boondocks some day and find missing bolts and empty holes with a wheel at a funny angle that doesn't quite look right. I'm considering this cheap insurance, "cause I'm chicken" that way. There's no way in hell these ARP studs are ever going to shear. The axle will snap first. Uh ohhh.

Vodka, scotch, whatever makes you grin.

Glad you're being pro-active about the wheel studs. Nothing worse than being stranded. I won't debate the Shmoyota v Jeep thing because its like apples and oranges. Luckily, we all make a pretty nice fruit basket. :)

hah, you said fruit basket!

i won't link to urban dictionary, but if you're not easily offended go look it up...

Diane go smack him along side the head. He owes you.

I'm looking forward to seeing Clifford in action. Where's the next big run for him? I wanna see those pics.

In the meantime I'll be off cruisin - no bruisin - just cruisin.

hah, you said fruit basket!

i won't link to urban dictionary, but if you're not easily offended go look it up...

Dork. You all know that's not what I meant.

Diane go smack him along side the head. He owes you.

I'm looking forward to seeing Clifford in action. Where's the next big run for him? I wanna see those pics.

In the meantime I'll be off cruisin - no bruisin - just cruisin.

I don't know when's the next big run for the Cliff-dawg. The big mods are just beginning...

OK, the ARP studs are in. I opted to have Knuckle Busters in Mesa do it and a good thing I did. Turns out the rear studs couldn't be put in without shortening 'em. Couldn't get the longer bolts past the e-brake hardware without pulling the axles. Those are ARP 8740 Chrome Moly bolts and your wifes nail clippers aren't going to hack it. Your basic hack saw doesn't like chrome moly either. And they're real tough on rear molars. Best let a competent shop do it. They're installed and lookin' good. The shortened rear bolts are all the same length with a proper final taper and I'm a happy camper. Kudos for Knuckle Busters.

Wow, who knew wheel studs could be such a bitch. Kudos Knuckle Busters for sure.

Glad to be of service!

It was great meeting you and the wife today Dale.

I don't get the "fruit basket" joke (village idiot).

I like blended whiskey (especially Crown Royal)