Sign in to follow this  
dpcarriere

FJ's

OK, who's got FJ's? I'll start this thread. We need to band together to defend ourselves against the Jeep group. Seriously, we should trade tips and notes. I'm about to start a couple projects. 1) OEM rear hitch and 2) replacing OEM wheel studs with ARP and open ended nuts. Then I'll stuff a HAM in the FJ once I figure out which one to get.

I get along ok with the jeepsters and the land rovers, but I find the irrational jeep pride thing to be pretty entertaining. Here are some pics of my 08 FJ. Armor and 33s on 16" wheels coming this year.

10265650_10208644249813747_8166914744294462217_o.jpg10626568_10100873867364707_5266770913786483817_n1.jpg10688365_10100896999522677_2967967117776003378_o.jpg

A thread resurrected from the dead. Nice FJC.

Thank you Lichen. I still remember when Kristopher walked up to me at the Fountain Hills, AZ Fry's parking lot and said, "Nice FJ" and I responded, "Nice Grand". Gave me his card.

I was origninally part of a great Toyota FJ group lead by Ken.

Got home and told Brenda about the cool Jeep guy at Fry's. That said, we will always be part of this team of great people.

We are always meeting great people. Lichen, yes we all need to do our part to encourage other 4x4 brands who have a home brand, but like to meet other 4x4 brands and have fun. Thank you Sir.

Any idea where to buy a snorkel kit with the cheapest price?

Any idea where to buy a snorkel kit with the cheapest price?

You don't see many snorkels out here in the desert.

Hi dirtlover:

This is a great question for installing a snorkel to your 1999 Ford F-150. You're from FL, so my question is, "what is your purpose?" Wife and I have a snorkel on our Toyota FJ and the purpose is not to water cross, but for AZ fine dust on trails. Many Ford/Chevy/GM/Jeep/Toyota/Rovers/Nissan trail rig owners in AZ understand the importance of a snorkel and may do oil analysis + tribology. With any modification, we ask ourselves, "why do I need this"? Since you are in FL, and if it is for water crossing, please also consider that your differentials are properly vented high. I will be happy to look into your options for your snorkel. ARB may not be a bolt on for your 1999 F-150, but I will ask around some techie 4x4 groups for ideas.. Thanks for your question.

dirtlover, oh well, no luck finding one for the 1999 F-150 based upon your question and vehicle info from your signature. Some have modded an ARB for the Bronco, and there may be availability for an F-250.

But...if you are you looking for a snorkel for a Toyota FJ:

http://store.arbusa.com/Snorkels-C15.aspx

or several of us also use a quality ARB clone from PRG.

https://www.reddirtoffroad.com/prg-intake-snorkel-kit-fj-cruiser

My purpose is only for a higher position for dust and an occasional water crossing. My airbox is a sealed TRD/AFE CAI. No gain/loss in MPG.

Hey guys sorry for the late respond. Thanks by the way for the links. We are actually planning of going for a road trip to Canada and looking for ORV sites that has some river crossing.